• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I have been there a few times and either I or my buddy bought a gun or ammo each time. I paid $419 for a M&P 15-22 locally in FW and they had em for $369. I paid $329 for my wifes P22 at 21stcentury and they had them for $269. Its much more than a few bucks.

But I haven't ever had any issues with their service at either location.

kharb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Granger
    I know this thread has been dead for a while but thought I'd chime in. I've been going to Midwest since I moved up here a few years back. I go to the Elkhart range often (though not lately unfortunately) and I love the employees there. They are always friendly and don't make you feel like an idiot if you're not a gun expert.

I love the new Mishawaka store but can't stand the customer service there anymore. I know I've talked with Tim in the past and he's been very helpful. I also know that the store is often very busy and it will take a while for someone to be able to help me. But the last few times I've been in, with questions or intent to buy something, no one has helped me even though it wasn't all that busy. I know I look young - I'm 30 and some day when I grow up hope I'll get a beard! I'm used to being blown off as some punk kid. However the last time I was in, I had all intentions of buying a $1-2K safe. NO ONE WOULD HELP ME! I spent 45 minutes in the store. Got someone to tell me he'd be right back and never came back - never saw him again in the store either. Decided to give up on the safe and look around. Saw a sight for my AR build that I really liked and thought it wasn't a bad deal at around $500. Again couldn't get the time of day from anyone in the store. It was like I was a ghost. I could've spent a good chunk of change there that day. Instead, I walked out frustrated and went to Granger Guns, which in all my experiences has been more expensive and not that great at customer service (though better than Midwest lately). I was so frustrated from my Midwest experience that I didn't buy anything there either.

I don't plan on buying anything from Midwest anytime soon. If I do, it will be at the Elkhart store. Good prices are wonderful if you know exactly what you want but I'd pay more on an item for great customer service.

hiram762

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    New Castle
    I got some good deals up there a couple weeks ago!! They sure had a nice spread of guns and gear. I wish I lived closer, I would go there quite a bit.

StumpyPete

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    NW Indiana
    I know this thread has been dead for a while but thought I'd chime in. I've been going to Midwest since I moved up here a few years back. I go to the Elkhart range often (though not lately unfortunately) and I love the employees there. They are always friendly and don't make you feel like an idiot if you're not a gun expert.

I love the new Mishawaka store but can't stand the customer service there anymore. I know I've talked with Tim in the past and he's been very helpful. I also know that the store is often very busy and it will take a while for someone to be able to help me. But the last few times I've been in, with questions or intent to buy something, no one has helped me even though it wasn't all that busy. I know I look young - I'm 30 and some day when I grow up hope I'll get a beard! I'm used to being blown off as some punk kid. However the last time I was in, I had all intentions of buying a $1-2K safe. NO ONE WOULD HELP ME! I spent 45 minutes in the store. Got someone to tell me he'd be right back and never came back - never saw him again in the store either. Decided to give up on the safe and look around. Saw a sight for my AR build that I really liked and thought it wasn't a bad deal at around $500. Again couldn't get the time of day from anyone in the store. It was like I was a ghost. I could've spent a good chunk of change there that day. Instead, I walked out frustrated and went to Granger Guns, which in all my experiences has been more expensive and not that great at customer service (though better than Midwest lately). I was so frustrated from my Midwest experience that I didn't buy anything there either.

I don't plan on buying anything from Midwest anytime soon. If I do, it will be at the Elkhart store. Good prices are wonderful if you know exactly what you want but I'd pay more on an item for great customer service.
    I was at the Elkhart store today. Its an hour drive for me but well worth it. The guys there are top notch. I will say, I've done business at both and never had a bad experience at either.

Garrett72

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Granger, In
    Timing is everything at Midwest. The weekends are very busy, but if you can get in there through the week during the day when most people are at work its great. I have bought guns from Cameron and Bruce at Midwest, and they were both very helpful.

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I bought my Mosin Nagant there in December. I thought I received great service, even though I was only buying an $80 rifle. :yesway: from Plinker!

mikeplan14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Everytime I have been up there (5+ times), they are always packed and the service is somewhat slow. Granted it is always a Saturday, but it seems like they would get a few more employees in there to help out

WLW

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Hmmm.... I never even got a thank you when I bought my LCP from them at the last Indy 1500 show. I was lead to believe I was more of a bother to the guy who took care of my transaction than I was a customer to him. I think I'll stick with Bob in Plainfield... he says thank you every time!!!

Robertson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Hmmm.... I never even got a thank you when I bought my LCP from them at the last Indy 1500 show. I was lead to believe I was more of a bother to the guy who took care of my transaction than I was a customer to him. I think I'll stick with Bob in Plainfield... he says thank you every time!!!

I apologize for that. We truly appreciate your business. The Indy 1500 is three REALLY long days.

Thank You!

MGE

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I've been very happy in my dealings with Midwest at the 1500. Good deals on both a Sig X-Five and a Wilson Combat CQB. Out of curiousity I did ask what they would give me on a very clean S&W 4006 and the offer was very low, but that's probably how I made out so well on the SIG and the Wilson...

They do get very busy, but I've found them pleasant to deal with, and the girl who wrote me up last show was an absolute sweetheart.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Was in there Saturday. There must have been around 80 customers in there most of the time and not just window shoppers. Every one of their tables had someone filling out the gun buy form. They were selling the crap out of guns.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I went to the Midwest Gun Exchange in Mishawaka for the first time this morning. I got there just as they opened. I would say there were about 10 customers in the store and I was asked by at least 3 slaesmen if I needed help. I told them I was just looking and continued to look around. I had some questions and a salesman came over to answer them. He spent some time with me even though I told him wasnt prepared to buy anything that day. I think the trick to going there is going during the weekday or when they open. I was impressed and will strongly consider my next purchase there.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    One of the guys told me that they quickly learn the faces of those that are in there every week looking around but never buy anything.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    One of the guys told me that they quickly learn the faces of those that are in there every week looking around but never buy anything.

I can see that. I wouldnt want to waste my time on people who come weekly but never buy anything. I was upfront about my intensions. Need to see how much $$$ to save up. :D

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I can see that. I wouldnt want to waste my time on people who come weekly but never buy anything. I was upfront about my intensions. Need to see how much $$$ to save up. :D

I wasn't directing that at you, sorry if you took it that way. There were a couple guys on here that used to complain they couldn't get waited on when they went in there.. My experience has always been about like yours.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I go to Midwest Gun Exchange frequently and am always greeted coming in unless their super busy which I can certainly understand. I couldn't be happier with the customer service and knowledgeable people who work there. Always friendly and very helpful.

Top Bottom