• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PMSTEEL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    I stopped by Midwest this morning hoping to buy a few firearms. All of the firearms that I was interested were about $50 higher than what I was willing to pay. I asked the salesman for a lower price and he said that all their prices are fixed! He said this policy has been in effect for about the passed month. The price you see on the tag is the final price. I went to a couple of other shops and bought the firemans at the price I was looking for. It will be a long time until I go back to Midwest.

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    I went to a couple of other shops and bought the firemans at the price I was looking for.

All the firemen I know are volunteers and I don’t have to pay for them. I guess I need to start looking for a better grade of firemen.

I would say you were a victim of auto correct but then it should have been firemen not firemans.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    So, I'm planning on going here on the 19th with my in-law. By most of the reviews it don't seem worth traveling 1hr45min. Should I try mega sports out near Joliet? That was our second choice. Unless you could referr us to a nicer place in northern / northwest IN. (Not Blythes)

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    If you go to mega sports expect to see mega prices. Not only that without a foid card they won't let you even touch a handgun and may turn you away from a long gun. Call to find out.
    Also the workers behind the counter draw their attitude from the owner, not good.

I'm not talking from a one time trip either. I lived a mile from then for 10 years. I used them as a showroom to find what i wanted and ghen shopped the price around. They were always $75-$100+ over on the items I was looking for

Balinor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Even with guns being tight they still are the place to go. The inventory is changing quickly

sig40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    I have had the same experience with Midwest the customer service is terrible. I wanted to buy a smith and wesson model 29 and could not even get anyone to get the gun out so that I could look at it. I will never go there again.

Balinor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Interesting that you are suprised that the prices went sky high, when the President says he is going to limit the mags to 10 rds and ban certain types of firearms. Look at gunbroker to see some real gouging. Market pricing, supply and demand. Friends @ shot show say the uncertainty is everywhere. Indy 1500 same thing high prices

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    Interesting that you are suprised that the prices went sky high, when the President says he is going to limit the mags to 10 rds and ban certain types of firearms. Look at gunbroker to see some real gouging. Market pricing, supply and demand. Friends @ shot show say the uncertainty is everywhere. Indy 1500 same thing high prices
    Far from surprised.. Just a statement!

hochwald

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    South Bend
    Not sure why Midwest should be different from other places, the market is bearing higher prices and volume for the moment, and it could happen that the market turns where prices and sales volume go down, perhaps even way down (everyone tapped out). Any store that didn't participate in the upturn might be hurt in the downturn, can't expect any store to fight the market.

SIGnature45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    South Bend
    Agreed. And just because Midwest is a larger store (for the area), does not mean they lack in customer service. They are busy! It seems you want them to staff more than the 20 people already staffed in the store as it is. I have had nothing but good experience there. I will say, there is one guy that has zero personality and is boring to talk to, but at least he is still helpful. Everyone else is very friendly and knowledgable. Yes, they are a little pricey, but not way over current market value or different from every other gun store.

MeatyBacchus

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Stopped by here yesterday, quite disappointed.

Colt 6920, Magpul Furniture, $1,999, used Century Arms Draco $999.

I'll spend my $ elsewhere. Anyone could be the top bidder on a gunbroker auction and still beat these prices.

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana

I'll spend my $ elsewhere. Anyone could be the top bidder on a gunbroker auction and still beat these prices.
    Stop whining.....
    if you don't like the prices don't shop there...
    No one cares what you think is fair and what isn't...
    everyone likes capitalism until they don't want to pay for it

MeatyBacchus

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Stop whining.....
    if you don't like the prices don't shop there...
    No one cares what you think is fair and what isn't...
    everyone likes capitalism until they don't want to pay for it

Whining, lol. I'm sharing information (feedback) so others don't waste their time.

I won't be shopping there as stated in my post. There's plenty of other places that aren't skyrocketing their prices.

Do some more cartoon watching rather than needless posting.

ETA
    I see from your other posts you work at Blythes in Valpo, where I've spent any, many thousands of dollars over this past year alone. I'll be sure to remember your comment when I'm in there this week.

Way to represent the store.

Last edited:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

At least it's better than the 2500.00 they were going for! Midwest used to be one of my go to places at the 1500 and i've bought several guns from them but I haven't been impressed with them lately.

MeatyBacchus

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    At least it's better than the 2500.00 they were going for! Midwest used to be one of my go to places at the 1500 and i've bought several guns from them but I haven't been impressed with them lately.

Lol, true. My experience as well, next thing they'll be charging $50 per transfer fee.

Last edited:

lvh7153

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    I had a similar experience there last week. The guy helping me handed me a gun right out of the case. He didn't do a safety check on the weapon either so I did. Another guy walked up and the salesmen said, "Can I help you?" The two of them walked off leaving me with a gun.

Top Bottom