• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shamowfski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Yeah...I forgot about the PX4...

Would LOVE to see a compact version in a store. At some point.

-J-

Good luck with that. There are a few people over on beretta forum that have them, maybe they'll be a couple at the indy 1500 this weekend. Though I very rarely see any px4's at the gun show.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Yeah, I've heard rumors of people actually having them in posession... Usually, it seems like Elmores in Greenwood gets on the front side of the retail curve, at least they did with the M&P pistols. Guess no such luch with Beretta.

C'est la vie!

-J-

Shep79

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    Bainbridge
    I have the P99C QA and without a doubt it is my favorite carry piece! Several hundred rounds through it with not even a hint of a problem. The only draw back is the limited number of quality holsters specifically designed for the "c" version. I am ordering a Safariland ALS paddle holster and hope it meets my needs.

pinhead56

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have the fore-runner to the EMP, the ultra compact in 9mm and it runs great. I have shot many FNS matches and the IDPA match last month without a hic-up. You may have to look for one used if interested and it was about $300 cheaper new (albeit 2005). My only concern with it currently is that I've shot it until the front site has become loose. The kydex holster action may not have helped either. I need to get it sighted in, then locktite the screw or pin. Anyway my $0.02

Here's one for sale in AL with picture...
    WTS/WTT from AL: Springfield Armory 9mm Ultra Compact 1911 PX9505L - TheFiringLine Forums

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I have the fore-runner to the EMP, the ultra compact in 9mm and it runs great. I have shot many FNS matches and the IDPA match last month without a hic-up. You may have to look for one used if interested and it was about $300 cheaper new (albeit 2005). My only concern with it currently is that I've shot it until the front site has become loose. The kydex holster action may not have helped either. I need to get it sighted in, then locktite the screw or pin. Anyway my $0.02

Here's one for sale in AL with picture...
    WTS/WTT from AL: Springfield Armory 9mm Ultra Compact 1911 PX9505L - TheFiringLine Forums

That is a pretty pistol for sure...

Not that the EMP turned me off to single action pistols, it's just that I've never been a fan of them, honestly.

I've shot folks' 1911s, i owned an FM hipower for a while, and now this EMP... Heck, I even have a CZ-52!Strangely enough, I prefer DAO (like Kahr, just not MY Kahr) and DA/SA better.

Call me strange... :laugh:

-J-

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    That is a pretty pistol for sure...

Not that the EMP turned me off to single action pistols, it's just that I've never been a fan of them, honestly.

I've shot folks' 1911s, i owned an FM hipower for a while, and now this EMP... Heck, I even have a CZ-52!Strangely enough, I prefer DAO (like Kahr, just not MY Kahr) and DA/SA better.

Call me strange... :laugh:

-J-

I know where there's a sexy H&K P30 for sale ;)

Actually, I'm aware you're looking for something a bit smaller than that. I just had to mention it. ;) The EMP is a neat idea. 1911 framed gun, super tiny, in 9mm. It's not a lot smaller than the super small Kimbers or single stacked small para's though is it? Which makes the primary difference 9mm vs .45acp?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I know where there's a sexy H&K P30 for sale ;)

Actually, I'm aware you're looking for something a bit smaller than that. I just had to mention it. ;) The EMP is a neat idea. 1911 framed gun, super tiny, in 9mm. It's not a lot smaller than the super small Kimbers or single stacked small para's though is it? Which makes the primary difference 9mm vs .45acp?

Yeah, there's not a whole heck of a lot of size difference between some of the micro .45ACP 1911s (Heck, Springfield even has them!)... But the 9mm versions are indeed smaller in just about every dimension. Granted, a tenth of an inch here and there might not make much difference... Springfield has 'em, Kimber has 'em (even a 9mm DAO model, Aegis), STI has a very small "1911" 9mm that's even thinner than the EMP. (the STI one isn't a "true" 1911, though)

But the overall package can be slimmer, slightly shorter, thinner grip, shorter grip (front to back, AND top to bottom), less girth to the grip, etc etc. Not to mention a "decent" capacity in 9mm vs .45. The EMP is 9+1, where as some of those micro 45s are what, 5 or 6 +1?. The EMP also has an alloy frame to save weight. It's not exactly a lightweight, but I'm sure that it's lighter than a similar sized .45 when each are fully loaded. Not to mention the recoil!!!! I'd much rather shoot a 9mm out of an EMP sized pistol than .45. .40 S&W is right out! no way, no sir. My Kahr CW-40 is verging on brutal!

Plus, the EMP comes with factory standard night sights! They're not tritium fulled ones, but the kind you have to "charge" in light to get them to glow....at least I think so.

And to top it all off the EMP is VERY accurate. It's more accurate than I am by far. Off hand, at roughly 7 yards, using Blazer Brass 115gr FMJ, I was able to put 5 rounds into a hole that I could 95% cover with a quarter. And I'm not all that great of a shooter. I know that 21 feet isn't that far, but still!?!?!

And yes, sorry. The P30 is a little bigger than what I'm looking for...hehe. Not by much, though!

While I've had a freak problem with my EMP, I don't think that I'll talk anyone out of buying one for themselves. Kind of like the freak problem I had with my P99...

-J-

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Plus, the EMP comes with factory standard night sights! They're not tritium fulled ones

Yeah, they are; every EMP that I've seen has had 'em, and they're listed as such on the Springfield website.

While I've had a freak problem with my EMP, I don't think that I'll talk anyone out of buying one for themselves. Kind of like the freak problem I had with my P99...

And your Kahr? :):

[Ron White]
    "it seems that after 39,000 times, you'd go 'maybe it's me'?"
    [/Ron White]

:laugh:

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Yeah, they are; every EMP that I've seen has had 'em, and they're listed as such on the Springfield website.

And your Kahr? :):

[Ron White]
    "it seems that after 39,000 times, you'd go 'maybe it's me'?"
    [/Ron White]

:laugh:

I know you were semi-joking, but having shot with him on a few occasions, he doesn't do anything different than most people do. Heck, I think he takes better care of his guns than I do (I get lazy and don't clean mine sometimes ;) ).

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I'm beginning to wonder if it isn't me!!!

Seriously... P99 a few years ago, Kahr, EMP...

I can understand problems with 1/3, or even 2/3. But 3/3 when two of them are Walther and Springfield?

Maybe I just have some bad juju or something.

On a positive note, I have a hang-tag that tells me ONE of my pistols is in the area ready to be picked up. Too stinking bad they try and deliver it at 10:00am when real people are at work.

I don't wanna drive all the way to the facking airport area to pick up my pistol. *sigh*

-J-

Top Bottom