• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    14 years on the existing roof seems to me like it's reaching the end of it's lifespan. I've had a roofer out a few years ago to replace some torn shingles, but the recent wind over this past weekend took quite a few shingles with it. Not sure if I can get away with just replacing some shingles or need a new roof.

Any recommendations on a roofer that does quality work on the NW Side of Indianapolis?

Snipercop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    SS Indianapolis
    I had a very good experience with Coomer Roofing....(317)783-7261. They are based in Indianapolis. I had a dilemma when State Farm refused to pay my claim at the time when every other insurance company was putting roofs on all the other homes in my neighborhood. I contacted Coomer Roofing - their rep met with the State Farm adjuster, completed all the necessary paperwork and had a new roof installed costing several thousand dollars less than other companies. Hope that helps or gets you started in the right direction.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I can give you an estimate and inspection if you need one. I am located in Danville. If you already pm'd or emailed me you can disregard...I had a couple emails from INGO folks today.

Thanks,
    Randy

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    14 years seems on the short side of a roof's lifespan. I'm assuming you have three tab singles? Spend the little extra and get dimensional shingles this time out. The labor is the more expensive part of roofing, you can get much more life out of the thicker dimensional shingles for a small additional price. Personally, I prefer the three tab look, but go with dimensional on my houses for the value added. I've had dimensional roof's last 25 years without issue and still going strong. Dimensional shingles are also far more resistant to wind damage.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I had my roof replaced last year by Bone Dry. Can't say enough good things about them. They also helped me dialogue with my insurance company adjuster over hail damage issues.

Very professional job - I would at least them give you a bid.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I can give you an estimate and inspection if you need one. I am located in Danville. If you already pm'd or emailed me you can disregard...I had a couple emails from INGO folks today.

Thanks,
    Randy

Randy did the roof on our house. I give it multiple thumbs up.....:yesway: :yesway:

st33da

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Greenfield
    Had a new roof put on our house 2 years ago and then put one on my mothers house last year. We used Picture Perfect Enterprises out of Greenfield. He does work all over Indy and surrounding areas. His crew did a great job.

Home Improvements

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    That makes 3. Randy did mine as well. He got it done quickly and there was not even one small piece of shingle or a single nail laying on the ground from the tear off. I can highly recommend him.

Dirty Steve

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Just had Randy out. Going to talk to my Insurance Agent Monday regarding wind damage - we have plenty! I've had it a few of the shingles repaired over the years from smaller wind storms but after the recent one it sounds like it's toast.

Thanks for the referrals guys.

Top Bottom