• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    In the context of a general election that is the best odds for conservatives.

That adage is very true and still is. We very well could have been in a better place if Clinton had not won. And every election since has done nothing but raise the stakes.

In the general the best you can do is not elect the dem.

This is where we must recruit candidates that can win the primary and general. Murdock saying stupid stuff killed us.

That is usually used against Trump. LOL
    Humans can rationalize every decision they make.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    When does someone cross over to politician?
    Good question.

When they run?

When they win?

When they serve multiple terms?

None of that?

When they become part of the establishment?

When they become an insider?

When they do something I don’t like?

When they start funding and working for candidates?

When they write about what needs to be done?

They say whatever is necessary to get elected.

They focus group every word.

I think it easy to determine but difficult to define. Braun is a politician to me. He is one I like but nonetheless he has done all that I believe needs to be done to be defined as such. Trump to me is still an outsider and far from a politician, the party despises him, he says what he thinks, he wants to upset the establishment apple cart.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Eric Doden?
    I’m looking at all of them. Doden has some things I like but I already don’t trust him. I don’t like he wants to take away state income tax from teachers? Why not all of us. Some of the others have their lives invested in property so good luck getting rid of land taxes or your property not going up in value to be taxed more. Won’t ever be in their interest. And they got big $$$ backing them. I like to find out more about Hall. He is a Trump supporter, been accused and punished somewhat for groping woman, (which means he probably didn’t do it). And he has been outspoken against the ruling Holcomb class in Indy. But he is a former prosecuter from Elkhart. That area seems pretty anti-gun so not sure his stance on that yet. He also only has $17,000 to campaign on. So no big people he will be inslaved to if he were to win, like many of the others.

Attachments

• IMG_3970.jpeg
      IMG_3970.jpeg
      348.3 KB · Views: 2

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    No voting record as he had not been elected to office but he had been involved in politics at the highest levels and had written about trade and protecting the country since the 80’s…
    But he had donated money to D's and voiced support for Planned Parenthood like a good Reagan conservative.
    I’m looking at all of them. Doden has some things I like but I already don’t trust him. I don’t like he wants to take away state income tax from teachers? Why not all of us. Some of the others have their lives invested in property so good luck getting rid of land taxes or your property not going up in value to be taxed more. Won’t ever be in their interest. And they got big $$$ backing them.
    Teacher pay in Indiana isn't competitive with other states. Some states are raising it; Indiana is meh. I support this idea. Our schools are getting crazier and teacher turnover is still stupid high.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Good question.

When they run?

When they win?

When they serve multiple terms?

None of that?

When they become part of the establishment?

When they become an insider?

When they do something I don’t like?

When they start funding and working for candidates?

When they write about what needs to be done?

They say whatever is necessary to get elected.

They focus group every word.

I think it easy to determine but difficult to define. Braun is a politician to me. He is one I like but nonetheless he has done all that I believe needs to be done to be defined as such. Trump to me is still an outsider and far from a politician, the party despises him, he says what he thinks, he wants to upset the establishment apple cart.
    And Braun was a definite improvement over that Donnelly joker.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Mike Braun's voting record in 116th was bad just like the majority of Republicans.
    However, since that disastrous year he's been doing a unbelievable good job of voting with the constitution over 90% of the time.

In the 118th congress he's been 100% voting with the constitution so far.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Mike Braun's voting record in 116th was bad just like the majority of Republicans.
    However, since that disastrous year he's been doing a unbelievable good job of voting with the constitution over 90% of the time.

In the 118th congress he's been 100% voting with the constitution so far.
    I refer to that transition as "the Epiphany", when the light bulb goes off and you realize that you can either play the game or govern by the constitution but there is no middle ground. Senator Braun appears to have chosen the Constitution.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    But he had donated money to D's and voiced support for Planned Parenthood like a good Reagan conservative.
    It becomes clearer each day your priorities and mine are very different. We have a Super Bowl level QB that has proven on the field he can deliver in the big league but you are fascinated by college QB’s that have not played a down against the big league. Then you go to criticizing that SB level QB for what he did in high school after he has already delivered.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    It becomes clearer each day your priorities and mine are very different. We have a Super Bowl level QB that has proven on the field he can deliver in the big league but you are fascinated by college QB’s that have not played a down against the big league. Then you go to criticizing that SB level QB for what he did in high school after he has already delivered.
    Russell Wilson may have won a Super Bowl and looked promising back then, but then he aged, and his talent slipped. He got old and said dumb stuff time and time again. Then he lost. a lot. His team didn't do so well with him under center. Some people still think he is good enough to sign, but others think he is too old and incapable of leading a team to another Super Bowl.

I am fascinated by people who have proven to have winning ideas and demonstrated they can deliver results. The guys who reopened their states when Trump told them not to. Maybe the priorities are different? You can have Russell Wilson.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Teacher pay in Indiana isn't competitive with other states. Some states are raising it; Indiana is meh. I support this idea. Our schools are getting crazier and teacher turnover is still stupid high.
    This makes him a hard no for me. If teachers, why not law enforcement? And firefighters? Etc, etc.

Just a sop to teachers' unions to buy votes, IMO... which does not bode well for his core principles.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    This makes him a hard no for me. If teachers, why not law enforcement? And firefighters? Etc, etc.

Just a sop to teachers' unions to buy votes, IMO... which does not bode well for his core principles.
    One thing with these comparisons to other states is, the cost of living in Indiana is a lot less than many of the other states.

Top Bottom