• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Many of you know Mike Foley, or have talked to him at match or on the phone at Shooters Connection.

Mike has announced he is running for USPSA President. I will have petitions with me for Mike at the Indoor Match at Parabellum.

From Mike's Announcement

Mike Foley

To the members of USPSA, friends, and supporters:
    For many months I have been considering running for USPSA President, and I have been encouraged by many of you to do so. Both my love and concern for our sport have never been higher than they are today. That is truly the definition of bittersweet. We have a tremendous opportunity to grow our membership, develop our sport, and gain sponsorship from the firearms industry and beyond. At the same time, we have challenges in communication and transparency, issues that need to be addressed, and an organization to run efficiently.
    Most of you know me from the past 12 years as an avid USPSA competitor, the past 7 years as Director of Sales and Operations for Shooters Connection, as an RO and match staff at Battle in the Bluegrass I-IV, Kentucky Section Championship, numerous local matches, and as a sponsor of many matches. Many of you don't know that I have served on the Board of Directors 7 times at the Blue Grass Sportsmen's League, an IRS 501c7 member owned shooting club. During my time there, we were able to save our club by increasing revenues and memberships, and reduce unnecessary expenses and waste, all while maintaining compliance for our tax exempt status.
    In April of this year, I entered into an agreement with my employer to reduce my status to part-time, and currently work Monday through Thursday only. Since my position affords me a four-work-day 9-5 schedule, I have been able to work evenings, Fridays, and weekends on my volunteer work, and attend matches. I also did not seek re-election for my board position at the club, freeing up even more time. This, coupled with some time off during the year, affords me the ability to step forward into a new leadership role, one where my experience and ability will allow me to contribute to an organization I love, USPSA.
    As of today, Wednesday, November 26, 2014, I am seeking signatures on nomination petitions to run for USPSA President in the next election. The filing deadline is December 31, 2014, but I hope to have this completed before the Christmas holiday. The signature is not a vote, but simply to get me on the ballot, and in the Front Sight as a candidate. The election will be held in September 2015. I sincerely appreciate all of your support for nomination, and in the election. I would be humbled to be your President.
    Mike Foley, L3300

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    I'll renew my membership just so I can vote. To anyone that doesn't know Mike, he is a truly great guy, not a politician at all, and USPSA would be lucky to have him as a President.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have had a couple people ask me about whether or not I was going to run.
    The answer is no
    I did consider it, however after taking the position I have with USPSA I decided not to run for President

VTDad

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2014
    Terre Haute
    add on

What is his position on abortion, Obama care, gun control, and marriage rights????

Oh this the wrong presidential race. New question.

What is your feeling about utter disregard to the penalty each and every minor class participant gets for a Charlie and Delta. My litmus test is a President that will NOT discriminate against us in the Minority.... :rockwoot::draw: Just kidding... I need to get my post count up...

Last edited:

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I don't know Mike, but that you guys speak so highly of him speaks volumes (there's no way I'm voting for him now!).

Experience in an exec position and w/ a BoD is something our past couple of presidents have lacked. Someone with that experience is more important than a shooting resume. Look forward to reading more of his "platform."

-rvb

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I don't know Mike, but that you guys speak so highly of him speaks volumes (there's no way I'm voting for him now!).

Experience in an exec position and w/ a BoD is something our past couple of presidents have lacked. Someone with that experience is more important than a shooting resume. Look forward to reading more of his "platform."

-rvb

He's a pretty good shooter too!

Top Bottom