• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The disabilities thing... not sure where I stand on that.

The gender eugenics? Yeah, that should probably be banned. We aren't China.

[video=youtube;TdHvHony9YA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdHvHony9YA&sns=em[/video]

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    The disabilities thing... not sure where I stand on that.

The gender eugenics? Yeah, that should probably be banned. We aren't China.

Not every family has the means to support a disabled person from birth to death. So now what, they're born and immediately thrown into an orphanage. Disabled children are just not in demand for prospective foster parents. And not to mention the costs to the state.

cjcinin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    Not every family has the means to support a disabled person from birth to death. So now what, they're born and immediately thrown into an orphanage. Disabled children are just not in demand for prospective foster parents. And not to mention the costs to the state.

One became governor of Indiana.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

And this is where most conservatives are going to be completely aghast of me.

While I'd like to see abortion recognized as murder, which the parent(s) should have to knowingly live with, I find it preferable to putting children through a hellish existence in orphanages or living with a crippling disability. Keep in mind, it's going to be mostly tax dollars paying for that child's care for its entire life.

Should the parents want the child, that's cool, but I don't believe they should receive government assistance for raising it, nor should it receive government assistance for its entire life. It's not the tax payer's fault they decided to have a child, it's not the tax payer's fault that child has a disability.

For that matter, orphanages should be for children that had to be taken away from their parents, or lost their parents, not a get-out-of-raising-a-child card for careless parents.

So yeah, if someone wants an abortion, I don't see an issue with it unless we're going to wrap it up in good feelings and political correctness. No, the mother should be known to be a reckless individual who puts her life ahead of her child's, and was careless enough to make the child in the first place, avoiding countless measures that could have prevented it coming to this. Yes, that makes the parents degenerates, but it's preferable to them milking the system dry.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    If you can't afford to be a parent, there is a way that is pretty effective to not have kids and still do adult things. Under the Affordable Care Act, certain medicines to prevent pregnancy were required to be covered under insurance (minus a few exceptions) and if you don't have insurance, there is places like the Crisis Pregnancy Clinic and other places were you can get affordable or free birth control. I have issues with people aborting babies because of their race or gender. I am generally against abortion in general except in cases where it is needed for the mothers health medically to happen (and potentially in criminal acts, not in consenting adults who do it for their own fun with no regard for the affects of it unprotected).

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Should be the chose not to be or almost parent. If you can't afford that you couldn't afford to raise a kid so stay out of the sack.

Bad logic. You assume that people have a say in what they can afford when it comes to having children. I'd imagine that most people can't afford quadruplets, and yet it happens. Should they have stayed out of the sack too?

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Yeah, heaven forbid that a kid live with the possibility of poverty for the immediate future.
    Better just snuff him out lest such an untenable situation ever occur.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I have posted a number of times regarding my opposition to abortion; I would also like it viewed as murder. That said, I still think this is a bad law. I am generally not in favor of laws that increase punishment based simply upon the perceived motives, such as hate crime laws. You should be punished for your act, attempting to discern motives just seems like a fool's errand to me. This law is even worse, it takes something that is legal for one motive and makes it illegal for a different motive. How the heck can you possibly enforce that? A couple learns their kid has down's syndrome and they suddenly decide that now is not a good time to have a kid, how is that worse then somebody that simply didn't want the kid in the first place? We seem to have reached a point where we already have all the laws we could possibly need so the lawmakers busy themselves with endless symbolic laws that don't actually accomplish anything. Throw in the inevitable legal challenges and I can only say that I am having a very difficult time convincing myself that Pence is worth the needless controversies.

Top Bottom