• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    I searched and didn't find this but I have a feeling this is probably a repost.

YouTube - Pence: "Get government out of the way, and this economy will come roaring back."

Glad to see one politician in Washington that tells it how it is. It's an added bonus that he is from Indiana! I talk to more and more people who are now starting to come to the realization that Washington from top to bottom has it wrong. Not to mention the out of control spending, corruption, trampling of rights, ect. I am eagerly awaiting my TRUE opportunity to make change this November. I voted in 2006 but...well, yeah. :popcorn:

My vote for local politicians will be going to like-minded individuals and it is the only way at this point I may have any chance at gaining some faith in our political system. Bold faced lies about taxation spewed by the Dems - not that it's anything new in politics. Hopefully this rant rings true with some of his fellow (and hopefully after Nov., new) Representatives. I have a pretty hard time keeping a straight face myself hearing some of the things the Dems are spewing too so I can't blame him for getting a few laughs.

I usually avoid the politics subforum because it sometimes gets heated so if there's much discussion please try to keep it civil.

caddywhompus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Pendleton
    I'm not sure if this is a repost or not but I like it. I've met Pence and been in and out of his office several times. While he is still a politician (yuck) I think he is about as straight a shooter as politics will see and a decent guy. Plus he has a beautiful .22 rifle on his office wall from the NRA thanking him for his support.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    While I'm not a big fan of 100% of what he's done...

I still consider myself a big Pence supporter. Wish I were in his district so I could vote for him!

-J-

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I think the floor is largely empty when these types of speeches are made so those that need to hear it don't.

Where were these republican blowholes during 2000-2006? Strange that they only seem to hold on to conservative values when they are in the minority. As soon as they get the majority back, they spend money to buy votes hoping to stay in power.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    talk is cheap. voting records mean more to me than rants. some of you guys are perfect examples how these screw balls get away with taking our freedoms away. they post 1 good 60 second video of them spewing words and you all fall for it and go all googoo eyed for the guy. hes an established politician too. he might have a good 2A voting record but do a little more research!

unless he runs over an old lady in his car while drunk ..... AND THE KICKER >>> has OBAMA himself in the passenger seat of his car, mike pence will hold that seat until he dies if he wishes. which he wont because he will eventualy run for president, you can put money on it. hes just laying the groundwork. its all a big orchestrated play

Last edited:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Looks like he's voted pro-drug war and pro-USA PATRIOT Act, voted for a ban on online gambling, voted for Pelosi's economic stimulus bill (both times), voted for REAL ID, voted against the whistleblower protection act, voted for CAFTA and quite a few flood programs (he seems inordinately fond of giving out money to flooded people). He's also got quite a few good votes. His gun record looks nice, tho. The biggies are what stand out. He doesn't seem to like individual rights, but loves national security and spying. If I had to shoe horn him into a category, he's big government inclined in a number of areas and small government in some others. Just another party guy.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Here is Mike's voting record on alot of bills and such

Project Vote Smart - Representative Mike Pence - Voting Record

And his "Political Courage Test"

Project Vote Smart - Representative Mike Pence - Issue Positions (Political Courage Test)

I give him props for actually filling it out. Most Reps and Senators don't seem to take the time to do so.

Not perfect, as he's not talking about removing restrictions but rather "maintaining" current levels of enforcement. It is good that he's not talking about increasing restrictions, though. Stop passing new laws, then concentrate on repealing the old ones. The only thing lately that Congress (and indeed, Washington as a whole) does quickly is destroy freedoms.

Blessings,
    Bill

theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    talk is cheap. voting records mean more to me than rants. some of you guys are perfect examples how these screw balls get away with taking our freedoms away. they post 1 good 60 second video of them spewing words and you all fall for it and go all googoo eyed for the guy. hes an established politician too. he might have a good 2A voting record but do a little more research!

unless he runs over an old lady in his car while drunk ..... AND THE KICKER >>> has OBAMA himself in the passenger seat of his car, mike pence will hold that seat until he dies if he wishes. which he wont because he will eventualy run for president, you can put money on it. hes just laying the groundwork. its all a big orchestrated play

This is a generalized statement so I'm not taking it personally, merely replying. I don't just blindly follow politicians and I don't necessarily agree with all of other Rep. Pence's viewpoints.

But at this point, what other options do I have? I can't vote the president out of office, but I can change things on a local level which is the only impact I can have at this point. I want the biggest issues in our government taken care of first - namely the out of control spending. I agree with his stance on abortion, but want Gitmo shut down. I don't really like the fact that he labels himself a Christian first as there should be a separation of church and state. He supports 2A rights? Good...I agree with him there too. I have a relatively "liberal" leaning viewpoint on it but I'd label myself as a conservative Libertarian, but labels are pointless.

Top Bottom