• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Indiana small business owners are being forced to hang signs in their windows stating "We Welcome Everyone" the week of an event larger than the Super Bowl. Just saw on the news that stores from Zionsville to Greenwood are already receiving calls asking whether or not all are welcome.

So sad. So much misery being wrought by the GOP.

Send a mesage of mercy and love Mike Pence, step down. He would want you to do what is right for those you lead.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    We run around freaking out about the word "discrimination" as if we don't all discriminate every day.

Not all people have a right to my services. I can choose my clients and have rejected cases based upon my personal, religious, beliefs. Why should the government be allowed to force me to provide my services to a client whose cause I do not believe in based upon my religious beliefs?

Right now, there is no such law and all the RFRA does is provide a means to challenge any such law that may be passed. If the government should make such a law and it does not substantially impair my freedom of religion or it is narrowly tailored to address a compelling state interest, the law will be upheld. If the government makes a law that substantially impairs my ability to freely practice my religion and it is not narrowly tailored to address a compelling state interest, I can assert the law as a defense to a lawsuit or enforcement action. A powerful PR machine is the only reason this is even an issue....and oh yes, anti-religious bigots. That street runs two ways.

Gee, the lefty-libs want Pence to step down, but think the Liar-In-Chief should serve out his term. Quelle surprise, eh? :rolleye:

Actually, the more Pence gets under the skin of the liberals, the better it is for sane and sensible folks in Indiana.

Until those same goofs demand the yabo currently in the White House resigns, and that's accomplished, there can be no serious discussion of virtually any action taken by Pence.
    :+1:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Indiana small business owners are being forced to hang signs in their windows stating "We Welcome Everyone" the week of an event larger than the Super Bowl. Just saw on the news that stores from Zionsville to Greenwood are already receiving calls asking whether or not all are welcome.

Send a mesage of mercy and love Mike Pence, step down. He would want you to do what is right for those you lead.

This is media driven. Not Pence driven.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012

If they are being forced to hang these signs, it is because of the reaction of the fascist, militant, LBGT rights activist mafia. These businesses are reacting because they don't want their figurative kneecaps busted for not toeing the rainbow line.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    You are aware that the opponents of this POS legislation come from all side of the political spectrum? Even republicans? Pence, the legislators and their TEAvangelical lobbyist buddies brought this on themselves and got all the rest of the state caught in the crossfire.

Come on now. You know better than that. Most of these politicians are just running scared since the LGBT league started to raise a stink about it. It amazes me that they can even stand since they are mostly spineless. Now I'm not necessarily in favor of this bill because I feel it is unnecessary since we have the Constitution, but this is just a huge smear campaign to promote the LGBT agenda and take the focus off the important matters that we are facing. We even have politicians catering to the LGBT's by stating they want legislation to protect them. Even though we all have the same rights, this will just enable special interest groups to feel they are entitled to more rights than others. This is nothing more than a huge circus and those that refuse to see it are the ones that are being manipulated. Just my :twocents:

This is Ferguson all over again except that it is now the LGBT's using the "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" tactic.

Last edited:

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    A cake is a cake, not a religious symbol.

They made a law to provide guidance for the courts? Which way will we be guided?

You're right, a cake is not a religious symbol although asking a Christian baker or photographer to actively participate in a celebration of sin is a problem of conscious.

If a satanists walks in and asks for a birthday cake, the celebration of a birthday would not interfere with a Christian religious view. If the same satanist comes in and asks for a cake that reads, Satan is the Master of the Universe, that's a problem.

Same scenario holds true for a photographer. Satanist wants family pictures, no sweat. Satanists wants family pictures defacing the Cross, problem.

Neither of these scenarios discriminate against the person.

How can anyone pretend to be on the moral high ground by forcing someone to either close their business or deny their Lord?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If they are being forced to hang these signs, it is because of the reaction of the fascist, militant, LBGT rights activist mafia. These businesses are reacting because they don't want their figurative kneecaps busted for not toeing the rainbow line.

Did you see the signs and flags......very obvious what is fueling this.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    As stated (way) above, Pence certainly had the option of vetoing this bill--which I think is a very clear example of a solution begging for a problem to legitimize it--and letting his veto be over-ridden. Instead of doing something like that where he could try to claim he wasn't responsible for this media-driven fiasco, he goes on national television and makes a complete fool of himself. As the top elected official in charge of the state, he should have been able to do something other than spout the same rhetoric over and over and over. All he managed to convince folks of is that he won't own his actions, doesn't understand them, or otherwise makes G.W.B.'s press skills look spectacular by comparison.

Let's face it...if Pence suspected that a public signing of the bill would be a disaster, he knew enough to suspect that the s**t storm wouldn't exactly blow away on its own after he signed it. Having a private signing effectively only strengthened the public disapproval of the whole mess.

So far, at every step, Pence has made pretty much the worst decisions on how to handle RFRA. If nothing else, he has certainly convinced me that he has no clue how to handle a crisis...and that is exactly the opposite of what I would want to see in a governor.

I figure the odds of him stepping down are about the same as my odds of getting hit by lightning while inside a cave. On the other hand, I'm hoping that come election time, folks haven't forgotten his poor choices and apparent lack of leadership ability. :twocents:

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    You're right, a cake is not a religious symbol although asking a Christian baker or photographer to actively participate in a celebration of sin is a problem of conscious.

If a satanists walks in and asks for a birthday cake, the celebration of a birthday would not interfere with a Christian religious view. If the same satanist comes in and asks for a cake that reads, Satan is the Master of the Universe, that's a problem.

Same scenario holds true for a photographer. Satanist wants family pictures, no sweat. Satanists wants family pictures defacing the Cross, problem.

Neither of these scenarios discriminate against the person.

How can anyone pretend to be on the moral high ground by forcing someone to either close their business or deny their Lord?

Jesus just came to me and told me that you are to give me $5000. Do you deny your Lord? I'm kidding of course but I hope you get my point.
    He sells cakes dude. He sells food.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Do we not have enough Law's.

Yes, but after reading some of the responses, I thought you and others were in agreement with this new law? If it's not a good law, it really doesn't matter what letter comes after his name or what the president has done. Governor Pence is a decent man and it appears that he stepped out there without any suppressive fire and was left on his own. I'm sure he will get through it, but the state may suffer some.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom