• ...and so much more!
  • BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I replied to him:

Mr. Pence,

I strongly approve of your plans to secure the border, deny amnesty to illegal aliens and punish employers that hire illegal immigrants. I would like to see deportation in your program, but I am assuming that it is an unwritten part of the plan.

I like most of your plan, however, with all due respect, I don’t believe that it is our responsibility to establish “Ellis Island Centers” for temporary workers. I am assuming that we already have steps in place for the legal immigration of people into the country. I am also under the assumption that we have a work/student/visitor visa program. The immigration system that we have now is not broken - the enforcement system is.

Temporary workers here in the United States do two things:

1) They do the work that our native workers could do; I know many people here in the United states that pay good money to have their houses painted, their lawns mowed etc… These dollars could be staying here in our house. These dollars could be injected back into our economy instead of being shipped to their home country like they would with a temporary worker
    2) They use our resources as if they were their own; In a perfect world, migrant workers would come to the United States and buy health insurance, car insurance, pay property taxes, pay for their own kids’ things and everything would be first-class. The reality is that they use our government supported schools without paying taxes, going to the emergency room for a bottle of cough syrup instead of paying for it at the drug store, and using every charity organization for all it is worth.

I like strawberries for $.99 per pound. I like to have my car washed for $7. I like to have my lawn mowed for $15. These, however, are all things that I would give up immediately if it meant cutting government workload (and budgets), reducing crime, easing the burden on our schools, giving our neighbors jobs, keeping money here in our country and making us the greatest world power again.

I like you Mike Pence. That is the reason I am sending you this email. I would like to see you elected as the 45th President of the United States, but with the mindset of the country in its current state, the subject of immigration is the only thing that I can see that will hold you back.

Thanks for your time,

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    BTW, I know it is just a form letter he is sending me and he will never see my response, but I believe that every letter makes a difference.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I'd support him if he was for the deportation of illegals aliens and there anchor babies from the past 40 years, 60 years is just asking to much of him Nordic.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    I'd support him if he was for the deportation of illegals aliens and there anchor babies from the past 40 years, 60 years is just asking to much of him Nordic.

LMAO, oh brother it can be done...

Think about it.... All these jobless Americans, now have jobs, all the illegals and they're anchor babies can be marched right back to they're homeland.

I cringe with gitty to think of how America would rebound economically, if all the freeloaders are pushed out, and no longer can elitist depend on slave-like labor, but pay into hard working, tax paying citizens.

Pence has a responsibility to Americans, not a Mexican, he had best choose who he wants to align himself with because if he wants to be they're politician, then we'll ship him rear to mexico and let him enjoy being a politician there, I hear the cartels are rumored for they're hospitality of Politicians who dont follow the will of the people.

Just sayin'

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    ok lets meet in the middle how about going back 50 years

I am trying to figure out the size of government needed to round up 12-20 million adults and their children, and deport them without sending people away who came here legally. (I won't even try to add up all of the people for the last 40-60 years.)

Closing the borders is fine and dandy, but I am definitely not on board with this foaming-at-the-mouth, marshal law, police state idea.

Last edited:

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    this is how its done. Private bounty hunters. I'd trust them more than i'd trust the government anyway. The bounty hunters can be payed based on a portion of what illegals estate sells for at auction.

And what does hate have to do with things, they are here illegally, thus breaking the law. Law breakers should be punished. No one is asking for them to be killed, but sending them back to where they came from instead of throwing them in jail would be a better solution, cause doing nothing at all is not working.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    There have been at least 2 Federal Illegal round ups in the past, it can be done at a cheaper price than the freebies that we are now giving to the illegals. Pence looks good until you examine him closely. He gave us Dan Coats :xmad:

and Ramen :noway:

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    There have been at least 2 Federal Illegal round ups in the past, it can be done at a cheaper price than the freebies that we are now giving to the illegals. Pence looks good until you examine him closely. He gave us Dan Coats :xmad:

and Ramen :noway:

Why not just remove all of the freebies? That seems a more plausible solution than sending federal agents to every house/apartment/neighborhood to check each persons papers to make sure they are legal. We are talking about a massive, nationwide deportation.

Pray tell me how this would work on such a massive scale without a massive increase in unconstitutional acts by the federal government.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Our elected reps allowed and or ignored this problem to begin with. Illegals should not be benefiting from their illegal entry into the USA. Deportation, It can be done and be done at much less of a cost than continuing to support these illegals. If you have a trespasser break into your house and take up residence at your expense, I'm sure then even you would find the way to remove them from your property.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    no one is saying it has to be massive and all at once, after you deport a few thousand, and sell what they have emmassed in order to pay for there deportation, hopefully the rest will get the hint, pack there possessions and leave before someone comes for them.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    So we spend 2-3 times as much every single year to imprison illegals as Congress originally allotted to build an 800-mile border fence ($3 billion, before Pelosi gutted it in 2007). Yet activists insist the fence is "too expensive". At the cost of up to $10 billion per year for incarceration, plus an additional $103 billion for healthcare, schools and social services, how can we afford NOT to build a border wall? All the public anger over the costs of ObamaCare (and rightly so), yet Americans seem to have no clue that an even larger amount is going down the drain every year because of illegal aliens. Share this post widely to help spread the word

U.S. Spending At Least $18.6 Million Per Day to Incarcerate Illegal Aliens; More Than 195,000 Illegal Aliens Deported in Fiscal 2010 Had Committed Crimes Here | CNSnews.com

Great candidates to be given American Citizenship :noway: as a Reward for their ILLEGAL entry into OUR Country

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Our elected reps allowed and or ignored this problem to begin with. Illegals should not be benefiting from their illegal entry into the USA. Deportation, It can be done and be done at much less of a cost than continuing to support these illegals. If you have a trespasser break into your house and take up residence at your expense, I'm sure then even you would find the way to remove them from your property.

I agree that our elected reps have failed in this department. And I agree that illegals should not be benefiting from their illegal entry into the USA.

However, I get the feeling that you think that since I don't see how deporting so many people without infringing on the rights of those here legally is possible, that I somehow want illegal aliens to have ill gotten gains. Since I am totally against all forms of government welfare, that isn't close to the truth.

If the deportation of 12-20 million people can be done without illegal searches and seizures, in order to protect citizens and legal aliens, then I would support it. Since I haven't been convinced that this is possible I feel the better course of action would be to end all government welfare, secure the borders, and pardon+give a path to legal status to those here illegally.

Also, I have rethought the hate comment and will edit my post since I was interjecting my own experiences talking about anti-spanish speaking instead of the actual topic of law-breaking. My apologies.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I agree that our elected reps have failed in this department. And I agree that illegals should not be benefiting from their illegal entry into the USA.

However, I get the feeling that you think that since I don't see how deporting so many people without infringing on the rights of those here legally is possible, that I somehow want illegal aliens to have ill gotten gains. Since I am totally against all forms of government welfare, that isn't close to the truth.

If the deportation of 12-20 million people can be done without illegal searches and seizures, in order to protect citizens and legal aliens, then I would support it. Since I haven't been convinced that this is possible I feel the better course of action would be to end all government welfare, secure the borders, and pardon+give a path to legal status to those here illegally.

Also, I have rethought the hate comment and will edit my post since I was interjecting my own experiences talking about anti-spanish speaking instead of the actual topic of law-breaking. My apologies.

It can be done. Visit Arizona, Texas, New Mexico or the California Border. This is a serious problem and will only become much worse. You are buying into the Progressive Liberal Obama/Holder/Napolitano Arizona is Evil BS.

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    It can be done. Visit Arizona, Texas, New Mexico or the California Border. This is a serious problem and will only become much worse. You are buying into the Progressive Liberal Obama/Holder/Napolitano Arizona is Evil BS.

Actually I am not. Arizona has all the power under the 10th Amendment to secure it's borders and decide if non citizens may migrate there.

I have previously said that securing the border is a good idea to solve the problem of a massive influx of people. What I am arguing is whether deporting millions of people who are already here is possible/economical.

And no I don't think the people arrested in your article should get a free path to citizenship.

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    And to get back on topic. I will be voting for Mike Pence. After looking at the three choices, he is the the best choice for me.

Top Bottom