• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    It is equally easy to ask exactly why the pro-abortionists (a far more accurate word than their cutesy little euphemism) have their panties in such twist over this.

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    It is equally easy to ask exactly why the pro-abortionists (a far more accurate word than their cutesy little euphemism) have their panties in such twist over this.
    Most people I know are upset because true conservatives don't like silly, unenforceable laws that were passed strictly to pander to one segment of the electorate. This law will have no effect whatsoever on abortion. It's a feel good law for low information voters.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    The woman in the article, by remaining anonymous, is a coward. That said, the GOP should have not gotten involved in this, it's a fool's errand.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Oh Mike pence, if you hadn't gotten involved with the religious Mafia, you'd be on easy street to reelection. but republicans are great at shooting themselves in the foot.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I don't believe in abortion and I also believe Govt should stay out of it 100%. Morality can never be mandated or regulated.

I will have to disagree, unless of course we want to deregulate murder across the board. So far as I am concerned the 'It's my right to do whatever I want with my body' ends this side of the destruction of someone else's body for the arguer's convenience. If they then want to counter with 'viability', fine, we should be able to legally kill our children until they are able to move out and support themselves without our help. As with most things, this argument needs to be one way or the other, not a vehicle for rationalizing the whims of a [STRIKE]vocal[/STRIKE] whiny minority.

Oh, and I was done with the GOP at the point where Constitutional Carry was left to die in committee. If they want to be stupid sh*ts, I fail to see where Captain Mustache can do much worse.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I will have to disagree, unless of course we want to deregulate murder across the board. So far as I am concerned the 'It's my right to do whatever I want with my body' ends this side of the destruction of someone else's body for the arguer's convenience. If they then want to counter with 'viability', fine, we should be able to legally kill our children until they are able to move out and support themselves without our help. As with most things, this argument needs to be one way or the other, not a vehicle for rationalizing the whims of a [STRIKE]vocal[/STRIKE] whiny minority.

Oh, and I was done with the GOP at the point where Constitutional Carry was left to die in committee. If they want to be stupid sh*ts, I fail to see where Captain Mustache can do much worse.

OK, I'm definitely saying this right.
    No written law can inject morality into a person. It's like a lock. Only there to keep an honest person honest.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by jamil
    The Republicans picked THIS hill to die on while leaving the constitutional carry bill to die on its own. I don't mind watching.

I was told at the BoD meeting in Greenwood by someone who is in the loop in Indianapolis (Chamber of Commerce, right country club, right alumni club, right neighborhood, inter alia) that Constitutional Carry was not pushed as Bosma "wanted to avoid the controversy".

Well, now, how's that plan working out for him?:D

They needed us and they threw us away and set themselves on fire, yet again.

Everytime we trust the Republicans with the small government car keys, we always find them steaming up the windows in the back of the car with the minister.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    The Republicans picked THIS hill to die on while leaving the constitutional carry bill to die on its own. I don't mind watching.

The folks he's pandering to better hope to heck he wins this election. Because if he doesn't, this will go down in the books, rightly or wrongly, as the reason he lost. And in stark contrast with Mitch Daniels' repeated success, social issues in general will come to be seen as a third rail nobody will want to touch.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I was told at the BoD meeting in Greenwood by someone who is in the loop in Indianapolis (Chamber of Commerce, right country club, right alumni club, right neighborhood, inter alia) that Constitutional Carry was not pushed as Bosma "wanted to avoid the controversy".

Well, now, how's that plan working out for him?:D

They needed us and they threw us away and set themselves on fire, yet again.

Everytime we trust the Republicans with the small government car keys, we always find them steaming up the windows in the back of the car with the minister.

At this point the only satisfaction I'm left with is watching them burn. I think INGO should write to Bosma and ask him how crispy he likes his controversy.

The folks he's pandering to better hope to heck he wins this election. Because if he doesn't, this will go down in the books, rightly or wrongly, as the reason he lost. And in stark contrast with Mitch Daniels' repeated success, social issues in general will come to be seen as a third rail nobody will want to touch.

That's how gun control issues used to be seen for the left. Just something no politician wanted to touch. They finally moved the Overton window enough to make it an official platform item of the DNC. That window is now far past legislation like this bill, and they don't even know it.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I don't believe in abortion and I also believe Govt should stay out of it 100%. Morality can never be mandated or regulated.
    I disagree. One of the main purposes of law is to formally declare what you morals as a society are. EVERY LAW has a moral element to it.

And when the morals codified in law drift too far from those of the population, they tend to end up changed.

And society goes through a great upheaval as that change process unfolds.

Top Bottom