• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nmathew24

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I now know I want to join the Military. I have been pondering the idea for many years now and it is something I really want to do. Right now I am in college almost half way through my bleachers degree in criminal justice. Just looking for some advice should I finish up school then join or join now and finish up school later?, also what branch would be best for someone wanting to work in the Federal enforcement field?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Come on guys - it was just a typo so leave him alone.
    Every misspelled post on here gets attacked and its getting old. Jeez!

He meant Belchers Degree. Duh!
    It was practically a sport at my school. :n00b:

Definitely finish school and enter as an officer. You'll be glad you did. :yesway:

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Finish School and join the Air Force...

As a former AD USAF and retired ANG I would get some advice on that first. The USAF has some issues. And contrary to popular belief not everyone gets to sleep in hotel rooms!!!

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Does your school have an rotc program?
    As an Army veteran with a navy father and marine corps mother I would have to say go to the air force. It's like the military without any of the hard parts.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    As a former AD USAF and retired ANG I would get some advice on that first. The USAF has some issues. And contrary to popular belief not everyone gets to sleep in hotel rooms!!!
    As a Former Active Army Soldier, and a Current INARNG (Indiana Army National Guard). I have worked with, around, or deployed to combat with every Branch and Department (the Marine Corps is not a Branch). They all have issues, especially when you don't have exposure to the others. :popcorn:

Go USAF (United States Air Force)... ;)

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    As a Former Active Army Soldier, and a Current INARNG (Indiana Army National Guard). I have worked with, around, or deployed to combat with every Branch and Department (the Marine Corps is not a Branch). They all have issues, especially when you don't have exposure to the others. :popcorn:

Go USAF (United States Air Force)... ;)

I spent more time with the Army than my own branch which was fine. I fit better with the Army. My opinion is the ones in the AF that are coddled are coddled WAY TO MUCH!

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Join the marines. I am biased! :rockwoot:

Photograph-of-a-Marine-Charging-Japanese-Machine-Guns-on-Okinawa.gif

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I spent more time with the Army than my own branch which was fine. I fit better with the Army. My opinion is the ones in the AF that are coddled are coddled WAY TO MUCH!

And I think the Army allows to many ignorant and incompetent turds to float their way up the Chain of Command. Especially the ARNG...

SnakEEater

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    IN
    Be a man and join the infantry. Everyone else supports the infantry. Infantry is the only place you can go and be guaranteed a real fight.
    Maybe one day you can call yourself a Ranger.

Just so the other branches dont get pissed
    Army - Infantry, Ranger, SF, CAG
    Navy - Marine infantry, SEAL
    AF - PJ, CCT,

You have options in all branches - Do you want to be a lead farmer or a cook?

SnakEEater

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    IN
    I have more time in Fights as a Mechanic than I did as a Grunt... :popcorn:
    Wrestling on the floor in motor oil is a far cry from being ambushed with RPG's and PKM's at 75M.

Unless of course they disable your vehicle and you are forced to crawl under it getting motor oil all over.

RLTW!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Be a man and join the infantry. Everyone else supports the infantry. Infantry is the only place you can go and be guaranteed a real fight.
    Maybe one day you can call yourself a Ranger.

Just so the other branches dont get pissed
    Army - Infantry, Ranger, SF, CAG
    Navy - Marine infantry, SEAL
    AF - PJ, CCT,

You have options in all branches - Do you want to be a lead farmer or a cook?

yeah, if you want a 6-9 month wait to get to OSUT...

my son had the same thought but didn't want to wait, so now he's a Combat Medic.

I always get a kick out of the chest thumpers 11Bs, but there are just as many wounded warriors in other jobs fields. Some of the most deadly jobs have been truck drivers and civil affairs guys. Funny thing is, I know more Cav Scouts that saw action than Infantry guys I know.

On a side note, as a POG in the Signal Corps, my starting pay after leaving the Army was $70K in 1996. I suggest doing something that will lead to a career after the military.

Granted, were I a young 20 something these days, I'd probably go 18X.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Wrestling on the floor in motor oil is a far cry from being ambushed with RPG's and PKM's at 75M.

Unless of course they disable your vehicle and you are forced to crawl under it getting motor oil all over.

RLTW!
    I would be willing to bet I have more time being shot at than you...
    I would be willing to bet I have had more time under incoming than you as well...
    I would be willing to bet I have encountered more IEDs than you...
    I would also bet I have been to more of the Cool Boys Club Schools than you as well...

So keep pounding your chest. It makes you look so much better than the rest of us who have Support Jobs. But what the hell do I know I am just a Dumb Mechanic... :popcorn:

SnakEEater

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    IN
    yeah, if you want a 6-9 month wait to get to OSUT...

my son had the same thought but didn't want to wait, so now he's a Combat Medic.

I always get a kick out of the chest thumpers 11Bs, but there are just as many wounded warriors in other jobs fields. Some of the most deadly jobs have been truck drivers and civil affairs guys. Funny thing is, I know more Cav Scouts that saw action than Infantry guys I know.

On a side note, as a POG in the Signal Corps, my starting pay after leaving the Army was $70K in 1996. I suggest doing something that will lead to a career after the military.

Granted, were I a young 20 something these days, I'd probably go 18X.

Not a 11B. But there is no question that infantry units are fighting more than anyone else - that is their job. Again, big difference between some CA guy getting a CIB because a mortar flew over his FOB vs. a BTDT earning one. CA in the early 2000's earned theirs but it is not the same anymore. 88 M earned theirs too, but we arent in fighting in Iraq anymore.

Of course it isnt about the money either. But, I was blessed to get out as an 18D3V and work hard to earn 6+ figures.

Hard work = Sucess

RyanV

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    La Porte County
    My advice would be to concentrate on your studies, you look like you might need some work on your writing/grammar skills if you want to be in law enforcement.

Top Bottom