Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    Military Rifle Match
    SAM Silhouette Club
    August 31[SUP]st[/SUP], 2013​

Our club is holding a military rifle match at the end of the month. Here is your chance to shoot your rifle out to 200 meters. Some info concerning the match.

· Start Time, 9 am

· Most any military rifle, but no full autos and no .50 BMG.

· Most any kind of ammo, but no incendiary, armor piercing, or exploding rounds.

· Scopes and/or iron sights. If you have rifles with different sights, bring them. You can shoot in different categories; red dot, scope, and iron sights. You can also shoot different rifles in the same category. $5 per entry.

· Shooting positions? I thought we could get a few different positions. 50 meters is so close, I figured standing was a good one to start with. Freestyle = seated, kneeling, prone; whatever works for you.

50 meters - Standing
    100 meters - Seated
    150 meters - Freestyle
    200 meters - Freestyle

We will have 4 targets, one at each distance. It is hit or miss so there is no need to go down range to score/repair targets. This should make the match flow pretty smoothly.

For more info post here or e-mail. Thank you. Steve

e-mail: SAM_Range_Knox@yahoo.com
    website: http://sam-range-knox.atspace.com ....Range schedule and map.

Last edited:

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    I forgot to mention round count. Five shots at each distance for a total of 20 rounds. Someone mentioned shooting some pop cans, so I'm trying to decide how to add those into the match as well. So bring extra ammo. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

monitor51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    West Central IN
    Why does this have to be Saturday :dunno: Silly question, because I can't find it, where is the range located? Would you take entries the morning of? Saturday is looking pretty full, but if I could sneak this in I'd love to take the 91/30 for a spin.

Top Bottom