• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gtmerkley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Farm Near St Anthony, Indiana
    I stopped in at the TRADERBAKER in Jasper Indiana where there was a new booth being put up filled with every kind of military surplus you can imagine. Me being the survival minded individual I am was intrigued by this. So I looked at the stock they brought in As they brought it in (Which I Am Sure Annoyed Them A lot), but what I found when I looted at the price tag gave quite a shock. Alice packs often $45 were $15 there now out $3 for a net hat 1967. Polertec jackets $10, AR-15 magazines were 3 for $25. The lady that stocking the booth said the had one in Evansville and Owensboro KY but I cannot confirm this as I haven't been there, yet, but I will when I get more cash. I ended up spending $125 plus tax. and got 3 Alice packs 3 vests 3 net hats 3 field Jackets and 2 Ak-47 bayonets and several belts. To me it all looked real no made in china commie Rothco or look alike. I'd love to know where they buy it from, if they sell it for $10 they got to be getting it for like $5 right.
    PS She said another shipment was do to arrive in on Thursday booth #7. Has anyone been to the Evansville TRADERBAKER where is it located is it the same stuff as in Jasper?

Last edited:

woody131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Morgantown
    The trader baker in martinsviie has some surplus but it also has black powder guns and lots of reloading supplies and equipment.There are tons of knives as well all located in the front show cases.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I've been in the Newburgh, IN (Hwy 66/Hwy 261) store and there was no major surplus booth. Some had a few items but that's it. I have never been in the Diamond Avenue Evansville store but will have to check it out.

gtmerkley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    By following the link provided by Icarry2 you can see a picture of what looks like one of the two military surplus booths. I'm not sure and if it is the same one, it looks like a vary old picture, I was just there and there is now nothing but surplus in the booths.

browncofiddler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Brown County
    Thanks for posting this. I noticed within the past several months that the TraderBaker in Greenwood was closed and gone. Didn't know they went to Martinsville - or maybe there always was a location there?? Always liked nosing around in the Greenwood store and now it's good to know there's one that's even closer.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Thanks for posting this. I noticed within the past several months that the TraderBaker in Greenwood was closed and gone. Didn't know they went to Martinsville - or maybe there always was a location there?? Always liked nosing around in the Greenwood store and now it's good to know there's one that's even closer.

There is on in Greenwood still.It is just south of the Kroger on US 31 in a strip mall.You turn at the light (Mcdonalds on the corner)and pass Kroger,it is in the strip mall on the left past O'reilly's.
    Not a huge selection,but they are growing.

woody131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Morgantown
    The flea mall in greenwood is not affiliated with trader baker malls it is called 31 imporium and is a sister store to the county line imporium on county line rd in greenwood.There has always been a trader baker in martinsville.They closed down the one in franklin and moved the one in martinsville to a bigger location.Overall I think there is 12 or 13 total in Indiana and Kentucky.

The Mechanic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Traderbakers in seymour also has a surplus booth.The lady that stocks the booth runs adds on craigs list also.She claims to have booths in madison and clarksville also,but i cant verify this.Mostly newer gear acu style.

Foxfire

Plinker
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Seymour
    + rep needed

When you go into TB's might be good to praise the cashier for having that booth. I'm sure there will be fleck from Libs for having it.

No affiliation. But will be stopping in soon. :):

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    There is one in Applewood plaza in Anderson but I haven't been there for a few weeks. When I was last there I did not see any booths with military surplus, just the odd item here and there. I'll go next week when I'm off and check it out. If I find anything I'll post the info.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I feel ripped off. The one in madison just has socks by the dozen and 10 year old wheaties. And the occasional used undwear section.

gtmerkley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    There is a military booth in Newburgh along the side wall a tiny one but it is there. It mostly has USMC stuff. We stopped in yesterday when we took my Uncle to have Eye Surgery.
    Odd how its Girls that have them in both stores it's possible they are all the same person. I am also told there is army surplus in the Washington TraderBaker but can't find directions to it

jLr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I just went to Washington Traderbaker and they do have a military surplus booth. The one in Washington is in the old Wal Mart building on old Hwy 50. If you are coming from Jasper on 231, then you turn on 50 in Loogootee going West toward Washington, just make a right on Old 50 as you're coming in to Washington. It will be in Cherry Tree Plaza on your left.

CarnageRush

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harrison County
    I hit up the TraderBakers in Clarksville about once a month and there is a milsurp booth in it, has a picture of the female owner and a list of other locations in IN and KY, I'll get the list next time I'm in there. I usually only buy books and look at the GI Joes though.

Top Bottom