• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Dems must think opinions have shifted in the wake of them drumming on about the mass shootings.
    I think they have overestimated people changing to their side, and it may sink them.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Dems must think opinions have shifted in the wake of them drumming on about the mass shootings.
    I think they have overestimated people changing to their side, and it may sink them.

Unless Romney & the Republicans falter badly in the next two months, I suspect the Democrats are BADLY underestimating their support.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Unless Romney & the Republicans falter badly in the next two months, I suspect the Democrats are BADLY underestimating their support.

I don't know...

While this isn't scientific, it makes me wonder. I spend nearly an hour on the road each day...in those travels over the last few months, I have seen numerous Obama bumper stickers, a fair amount of Ron Paul stickers, but exactly zero Romney bumper stickers.

I realize the psychology involved in such self identification, but I also remember seeing a boatload of McCain/Palin bumper stickers in '08, when I wasn't on the road nearly as much...maybe the orders aren't back from the printers yet :dunno:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I don't know...

While this isn't scientific, it makes me wonder. I spend nearly an hour on the road each day...in those travels over the last few months, I have seen numerous Obama bumper stickers, a fair amount of Ron Paul stickers, but exactly zero Romney bumper stickers.

I realize the psychology involved in such self identification, but I also remember seeing a boatload of McCain/Palin bumper stickers in '08, when I wasn't on the road nearly as much...maybe the orders aren't back from the printers yet :dunno:

This is a pretty common thing. I do see some Romney stickers, but my guess is that people inclined toward a conservative candidate seem less inclined toward decorating themselves or their vehicles than do those supporting a D candidate. I am happy to carry this into the thought that if the bumper stickers were solid indicators, the Ds should be carrying every election by at least an 8:1 margin.

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    This is a pretty common thing. I do see some Romney stickers, but my guess is that people inclined toward a conservative candidate seem less inclined toward decorating themselves or their vehicles than do those supporting a D candidate. I am happy to carry this into the thought that if the bumper stickers were solid indicators, the Ds should be carrying every election by at least an 8:1 margin.

Let's not forget that the D's typically want to force their opinions on others, while R's typically just want to be left alone with as few infringements as possible.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Let's not forget that the D's typically want to force their opinions on others, while R's typically just want to be left alone with as few infringements as possible.

Absolutely! Wanting to be left alone and wanting to make sword-point converts to your way are definitely polar opposites and very much the case here.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County

I get that, but I saw McCain stickers out the wazoo in '08...maybe it was a Palin thing.

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    This is from the article.

"I asked many Democratic leaders about the party’s position on firearms at the convention, but almost all claimed not to have read that section of the platform. Jesse Jackson was one of the few willing to come out and say he wants to ban all guns except bolt-action rifles, shotguns and revolvers."

Love how they admitted hey didn't read that section and how rev Jackson wants to ban them all except. Does that go for law enforcement too? And the military? Hey while we're at it lets turn off the Internet.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Absolutely! Wanting to be left alone and wanting to make sword-point converts to your way are definitely polar opposites and very much the case here.

Another wholly unscientific data point...

I was out today and saw a pickup that still had a McCain/Palin sticker...no Romney sticker...there were at least 4 other bumper stickers on the truck, so this one's a sticker guy...I'm more of a decal guy myself (think full rear window coverage). I'll let y'all guess which candidate.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

I was out today and saw a pickup that still had a McCain/Palin sticker...no Romney sticker...there were at least 4 other bumper stickers on the truck, so this one's a sticker guy...I'm more of a decal guy myself (think full rear window coverage). I'll let y'all guess which candidate.

Palin injected some excitement into that race, so I think that put some stickers on vehicles. As you have probably noticed, I consider myself a conservative Republican. I have no excitement about voting for Romney. I am only excited about voting against President Obama. I think that is the only thing that is energizing the base on the right at all. A feeling that voting for Romney is our patriotic duty to try to slow the bleeding and destruction of our country.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Palin injected some excitement into that race, so I think that put some stickers on vehicles. As you have probably noticed, I consider myself a conservative Republican. I have no excitement about voting for Romney. I am only excited about voting against President Obama. I think that is the only thing that is energizing the base on the right at all. A feeling that voting for Romney is our patriotic duty to try to slow the bleeding and destruction of our country.

I get it. I actually considered voting M/P last time because of her...but didn't. It didn't matter either way.

TAT7

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    Indianapolis
    This is from the article.

..." Jesse Jackson was one of the few willing to come out and say he wants to ban all guns except bolt-action rifles, shotguns and revolvers.".

if that happens there's always this...
    2920d8d3150c6faef8fd7f00f4e38f24.jpg

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

It seems reasonable to me that the party whose titular leader promised his faithful that he will punish their enemies would also make it easy for others to understand what they are supposed to think/support.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I don't know...

Just the opposite for me. I see a number of Romney stickers (including mine) and I work on a college campus. In 2008, I saw a ton of Obama ones. Those 2008 ones have all come off, btw. :)

And folks, in 1988, Dukakis led Bush by 17 after the Democratic Convention. Just sayin. ;)

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Yeah, right, look at where I live. I'm gonna put a romney sticker on my car?

I carry, but I don't want to have to use it.

Top Bottom