Millet 4-16x50 TRS-1 TACTICAL RIFLE SCOPE?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I like mine, but I'm far from a scope expert... never looked through a Nightforce/etc.

That said, my Millett is on par with my Nikon's. I haven't had the TRS-1 past 100yards yet, but I've tested the adjustments and it returns to zero after major twists of the elevation and windage. It's mounted on a .223, but zero hasn't shifted. here's some pics...

P6232670.jpg

P6232675.jpg

Comes with a sunshade (not pictured).

I'd buy mine again.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've have owned two and have only one complaint. I don't like how there are no horizontal lines that show you what rotation your elevation or windage knobs are on. If you go to snipercentral and read their scope reviews you'll see pictures that explain kind of what I'm talking about. If you start shooting at longer ranges you're going to be making full rotations on the elevation dial fairly often and that's where having the horizontal lines will come into play.

If you don't intend to shoot long range, then by all means this is a great scope. It's big and heavy, but the adjustments are solid and the illumination adds a fun factor to the gun. If you are considering getting a scope setup for long range, right now Midwayusa.com is having a sale on the Bushnell 3200 10x for $150 and that's such an outstanding price on such a great scope if that's something you might be interested in.

The reason I've had two was years ago I bought a DPMS 308B and I put one on it. I was new to long range shooting then and new to long range scopes. I only used it at the range a couple times, but the scope was great out to 700yards. About three months after the purchase we got news of our first child so I sold the setup. Now, years later I wanted to replace that setup and I bought the exact same thing. After buying the scope again I remembered what it was that I did't like about them and after a while I sold it. I bought it on ebay, as a pre-order for about $260 and got such a great deal because they were out of stock and offered the lower price to anyone willing to wait. By the time I decided I didn't want it anymore the going rate for these scopes on Ebay was around $300 and mine ended up selling at about $260 used in mint condition.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Thanks for the replies guys. Mammnum, that scope looks great on your rifle. I see that they offer this scope in a fixed 10X, which is pretty sweet. Less POI shift is always a good thing.

Teddy, I see what your saying about the dial. That could be a problem, because I'm hoping to make some 700 yard shots with this thing.

mrdryoung

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Hey guys, just joined the ingunowners site. I have a question for Mammynun or Teddy. What rings are you using for this scope? I plan on picking up a 110 in the next week and this scope to go on it.
    Thanks,
    Dan

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Lately I've been a big fan of the burris tactical rings. Not because they're "tactical" but because there are three screw on each side of the scope ring. This makes it easier for me to keep the crosshairs perfectly straight while mounting the scope. It's the big reason I like those rings. If you're asking about what ring size, I think it's a 30mm scope and you're probably going to want a medium height ring if you're mounting it to a scope base, and if you're mounting the rings right to the gun you may want to consider the "high" 30mm rings.

mrdryoung

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Thanks Teddy. Roger on the 30mm tube and it will be mounted on bases. Are the Burris able to hold up to heavier recoil, say 7mm rem mag? I was thinking mediums and will most likely be ordering them online so just wanted to check before hand.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    Burris rings are solid and won't have a problem with 7 Mag, but 6 screws kills ring spacing latitude and thus scope position. Most all my target rifles have Seekins rings and I'd judge them as best in class.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Hey guys, just joined the ingunowners site. I have a question for Mammynun or Teddy. What rings are you using for this scope? I plan on picking up a 110 in the next week and this scope to go on it.
    Thanks,
    Dan

The rings pictured on my Savage 12FCV are the Burris 30mm "low" rings (Scopes - rifle scopes, handgun scopes, hunting scopes by Burris Optics). The rail that I have on mine is a cheap-o "Weaver" brand; it was the only thing the LGS had in stock that would fit and I wanted to shoot it "yesterday." I bought it planning to order a better (i.e. more expensive) one, but it's worked great on a .223. YMMV with a 7mm Mag...

mrdryoung

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The rings pictured on my Savage 12FCV are the Burris 30mm "low" rings (Scopes - rifle scopes, handgun scopes, hunting scopes by Burris Optics). The rail that I have on mine is a cheap-o "Weaver" brand; it was the only thing the LGS had in stock that would fit and I wanted to shoot it "yesterday." I bought it planning to order a better (i.e. more expensive) one, but it's worked great on a .223. YMMV with a 7mm Mag...

Yea the 110 I'm looking at has a pair of weaver style bases on it already... not too sure of the quality though (didn't look very hard in the shop to let them know I was too interested in the rifle) Gotta head back with cash in hand to make an offer. The gun itself is in great condition with accutrigger. I should be able to get it for about $300-$325 out the door. BTW, I'm in OK right now (Ft. Sill) and their rifle season just ended so the sales are slow for them.

Top Bottom