• ...and so much more!
  • DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I'm looking for a new scope for my .308 and am thinking of one of these. It has side focus, illuminated reticle, and target style turrets with a locking feature. Any opinions? Looking for input good or bad.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I'm looking for a new scope for my .308 and am thinking of one of these. It has side focus, illuminated reticle, and target style turrets with a locking feature. Any opinions? Looking for input good or bad.

I have the TRS-1, 4-16x50mm... I have no complaints. It lives on a Savage .223 and has held zero for 4 months and 300(?) rounds. I spun the windage and elevation knobs quite a bit and it returns to zero. The glass is similar to my Nikon Buckmaster, so it could be better but it's very usable. It's mounted in Burris Xtreme rings (low) and the obj lens clears on a Savage 12FCV, but a Butler Creek lens cap won't fit in the gap.

P6232675.jpg

P6232669.jpg

at 4x
    P6142645.jpg

at 16x
    P6142647.jpg

Last edited:

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    I had/ have the 1-4X DMS listed in the for sale ads now. It was mine that my nephew bought from me for his AR.

IMO they are very good scopes, and I like the illuminated reticle too. They are a little bulkier and heavier than a standard type scope but they have alot more features and seem to be built very sturdy.

He is only selling to help purchase an ACOG, he loves our ACOGs...

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Over by the lake.
    I wonder why they didn't make the mil-reticle connect to the bars...? It seems like you would want that to be solid to have a good base if you used it to range an object. I've heard good things about them, I just noticed that in the pics.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I wonder why they didn't make the mil-reticle connect to the bars...? It seems like you would want that to be solid to have a good base if you used it to range an object. I've heard good things about them, I just noticed that in the pics.

If I understand your question, I think the answer is that the reticle is etched on glass(?) as opposed to a stretched wire.

Top Bottom