• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Just watched Guy Redford on Fox 59. He was watching the SOTU with a Lib. She is apparently with Mil moms for GUN CONTROL.

Funny thing happened...The news guy introduced her as a representative for "million moms FOR GUN VIOLENCE "!

I would have paid him to do that! ...

Funny stuff!

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Yes she did. Everyone pretended not to notice. I'm sure Guy had to bite his tongue to keep from laughing, and I know this woman had to bite her tongue to keep from screaming. I doubt the tv guy even noticed it until later. This is a direct cause from the Libs trying to rename Obamas "Gun Control" initiative into the "Gun Violence" initiative.

If anybody finds a video clip of this, please post it here.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    What is the definition of SAHM?

The way the media descibes her, she is a lower middle working class June Cleaver who just got fed up, which she decidedly isn't. Instead of a SAHM she is a SHAM.

I am NOT casting dispersions on Stay at Home Moms, I know better. Any parent who stays home and keeps things running while raising kids works thier butt off for very little recognition.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    What is the definition of SAHM?

Basically, the job description (if I can get this right without my wife smacking me because I forgot something) goes like this and is not all inclusive:

Wake up
    get kids up for school
    feed kids
    mediate whining/fights
    run kids around to doc appts
    get kids off to school (or teach them)
    pick kids up from school
    take them to extra curricular activities
    bring them home
    fix dinner
    sometimes do laundry (if the husband helps.. I do)
    listen to husband whine
    clean up the house when time permits
    bathe children
    listen to children whine
    yearning for a day off ?
    cleaning up after sick kids
    cleaning up after sick husband
    whatever else she picks up as a burden to carry since husband usually doesn't
    Lather, rinse repeat.

24 hours per day with very few days off and for little recognition or appreciation. (I take turns cooking/cleaning/mediating with my wife LOL. .she is a SAHM)

(This is not meant to be sexist, or anything like that.. merely illustrative to point out the things a SAHM usually does and can be varied or adjusted as need be to accomodate the whiny husband :D )

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    That is hilarious. Is that the lady from here in Zionsville? I know she has been the local paper here a lot touting nonsense of how taking guns from good people will keep the kids in school safe. You might say that she is well beyond the middle class.....

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    If they support gun free zones then they are, in fact, supporters of gun violence. They just aren't smart enough to realize it.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    That is hilarious. Is that the lady from here in Zionsville? I know she has been the local paper here a lot touting nonsense of how taking guns from good people will keep the kids in school safe. You might say that she is well beyond the middle class.....

That's the one. Lives in Stonegate Crossing, where the avg single family home price is around $500K. You can get a condo for $300k though, if you know, you're a little tight on cash this month.

http://www.wattsfineart.com/images/files/New_Art_Gallery_in_Zionsville1-1.pdf

Shannon Watts | LinkedIn

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    It wasn't Shannon Watts ... it was the other one, Andrea Spiegelberg on Fox 59. She leads the Indianpolis/Indiana Chapter ... I only recall cause she walked right past my wife and I as we stood (armed) on the sidewalk at the counter rally to the OMM rally on Sat. 1/26.

Link to article on Fox 59 ... no video of the follow up though.
    Local reaction to president

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Basically, the job description (if I can get this right without my wife smacking me because I forgot something) goes like this and is not all inclusive:

Wake up
    get kids up for school
    feed kids
    mediate whining/fights
    pick kids up from school
    bring them home
    fix dinner
    listen to husband whine
    bathe children
    listen to children whine
    yearning for a day off ?
    Lather, rinse repeat.

24 hours per day with very few days off and for little recognition or appreciation. (I take turns cooking/cleaning/mediating with my wife LOL. .she is a SAHM)

(This is not meant to be sexist, or anything like that.. merely illustrative to point out the things a SAHM usually does and can be varied or adjusted as need be to accomodate the whiny husband :D )

You left out a lot more, and when women don't work outside the home. there are those think she does nothing and always asking her to do things. But I am glad you see your wife's worth.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    I thought the million moms against gun control would be a counter...but they seem to be more just posting on face book...I messaged that group several times asking about rallies and did not get an answer...so I started a face book page Families for Second Amendment Rights.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    The way the media descibes her, she is a lower middle working class June Cleaver who just got fed up, which she decidedly isn't. Instead of a SAHM she is a SHAM.

I am NOT casting dispersions on Stay at Home Moms, I know better. Any parent who stays home and keeps things running while raising kids works thier butt off for very little recognition.

I know that. :)

I just wondered. I consider myself a SAHM because I am the primary care provider all day for my kids. But I run two businesses as well. It was less about "Oh, what've you got against SAHMs" and more like, "Oh, what do people think is a SAHM? Maybe I'm the one out of the loop." You know how psycho we SAHMs can be. All that chocolate and alcohol day in and day out. It's bound to mess with our perception of reality at some point. :D

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

Wake up
    get kids up for school
    feed kids
    mediate whining/fights
    pick kids up from school
    bring them home
    fix dinner
    listen to husband whine
    bathe children
    listen to children whine
    yearning for a day off ?
    Lather, rinse repeat.

My mom did all that and worked 40 hours a week at Lilly. But without the husband to mess things up. ;)

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I know that. :)

I just wondered. I consider myself a SAHM because I am the primary care provider all day for my kids. But I run two businesses as well. It was less about "Oh, what've you got against SAHMs" and more like, "Oh, what do people think is a SAHM? Maybe I'm the one out of the loop." You know how psycho we SAHMs can be. All that chocolate and alcohol day in and day out. It's bound to mess with our perception of reality at some point. :D

Just cut back on the Mimosas in the morning and a few less Bon bons each afternoon and things will look clearer. :): :):

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    I thought the million moms against gun control would be a counter...but they seem to be more just posting on face book...I messaged that group several times asking about rallies and did not get an answer...so I started a face book page Families for Second Amendment Rights.

Thank you for that. If i facebooked I would "like" it or "friend" it, what ever those youngsters are doing theses days.

My mom did all that and worked 40 hours a week at Lilly. But without the husband to mess things up. ;)

Sometimes there's dads that do that too. :)

Top Bottom