MilSurp Cargo Cases - Anyone seen these?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Your original reply didn't have any indications that the containers were for military purposes and I still have my doubts about that. Your post implied that any person can go get containers and use them for any purpose, including personal uses. I'm sorry if I come off as a jerk but I still don't believe you. Maybe it's a CYA thing and you're now trying to cover it up, which I can't blame you for... but don't feed me a line of bull. What were the containers really used for?

CFT (Combat Fitness Test) - requires ammo cans. I'm a Marine.

Not to mention, I was at Atterbury on official military business, Primary Marksmanship Instructor course and we needed ammo cans for several other reasons, but the CFT was the main one.

*edit* "Your post implied that any person can go get containers and use them for any purpose, including personal uses" I did make that implication, and I still do. Likely anyone that can get on base, could get back to where to keep those cans and get some. It was not hard at all to get and I volunteered that LOA, it wasn't asked for, However, I specifically asked that make and keep a copy.

Last edited:

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I wouldn't tell anybody that. Will get you and your contact in deep doo-doo. The government doesn't take lightly to theft of their property. ;)

I was just about to ask if he'd care to elaborate on the "who, when and where" on that. There are some folks who spell their name "C-I-D" who would probably be interested.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Everything I got was all recorded and obtained with a LOA, no one is getting in any trouble. I acquired these specifically for military purposes, but our estimate was higher then necessary (oops :D). Just an FYI

"for military purposes"? What military organization do you represent? An "LOA"? Wouldn't that be a lateral transfer of property book items? Sounds more and more as if someone at the Camp Atterbury ASP needs to have a Come-to-Jesus meeting with the CID.

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    In another time frame, I used to get piles of '06 ammo left over from NG range days, lots of good shooting time, got some NIW 15 rnd. Carbine magazines from when they cut up brand new M2 carbines [all from Attebury]. Still use the magazines, send the CID to my house, please.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    I was just about to ask if he'd care to elaborate on the "who, when and where" on that. There are some folks who spell their name "C-I-D" who would probably be interested.

The who? Dunno some Army guy? Where, ASP. I have no "contact" and the ASP guy did nothing wrong.

"for military purposes"? What military organization do you represent? An "LOA"? Wouldn't that be a lateral transfer of property book items? Sounds more and more as if someone at the Camp Atterbury ASP needs to have a Come-to-Jesus meeting with the CID.

I represent myself and was representing the Marine Corps and my unit at the time. I brought a letter of authorization at the time in case I might need it (I didn't). I don't know what "book items" are, but I'll assume serialized gear, which these are not.

I don't think anyone needs a come to jesus, the soldier broke no rules, and I have to say I had no idea we had so many people here that cared so deeply for $.27 the govt (actually didn't lose) transfered from one service to another or are even now being used not only by another branch of service, but in ther service of civilian (DOD) govt contracts.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    The who? Dunno some Army guy? Where, ASP. I have no "contact" and the ASP guy did nothing wrong.

I represent myself and was representing the Marine Corps and my unit at the time. I brought a letter of authorization at the time in case I might need it (I didn't). I don't know what "book items" are, but I'll assume serialized gear, which these are not.

I don't think anyone needs a come to jesus, the soldier broke no rules, and I have to say I had no idea we had so many people here that cared so deeply for $.27 the govt (actually didn't lose) transfered from one service to another or are even now being used not only by another branch of service, but in ther service of civilian (DOD) govt contracts.

You "represent" a USMC unit but don't know what the term "property book" refers to? Interesting.

Last edited:

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    You "represent" a USMC unit but don't know what the term "property book" refers to? Interesting.

I have been a Marine for 16 years and I have never heard the term "property book" before. Log book, transfer log, ecr cards...many more, but never "property book". I worked with the Army last time I was overseas as a contractor and I we could say the exact same things to each other just using different acronyms. I'm certain I know what you mean, but I can never assume that I'm spot on.

Top Bottom