• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    So, I took a vacation up to Milwaukee this week and of course before coming up spent some time familiarizing with the local carry laws. By in large they are not bad, very remniscent of TN. Signs carry force of law. So, Ive I've only seen 2 no guns signs, one at the mall, no real shocker there, and the other at Miller Park, where incidentally the oddity arises. I expect a sporting venue to do at least a waist and ankle check, but there was nothing of the sort. Everyone just walked right in. I was floored. Even the inconsistent Indians down town "try", a major league ball team with force of law puts no effort into it, just seemed odd to me.

On another note, I did see two Guns Appreciated on Premesis signs up here which made me pretty happy. I'd have popped in and thanked the owners of those stores down in the Third Ward but they were late to work and hadn't opened up shop before I left the area. All in all it's a very gun friendly place from what I can tell, just gotta get through the Illinois Nazis to get here.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Once you get outside the city limits of Madison of Milwaukee guns are a way of life in WI. Well, guns, Harley's, and beer with a side of cheese. I used to live up there but couldn't stand what passed for politics. The extra two-four months of winter were also annoying.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I was just up in WI last weekend. Visited Madison, Milwaukee, and Kenosha. Didn't visit any places that had the dreaded 'no guns' signs posted, and I looked at every restaurant and venue we visited. By the way, the Renaissance festival in Kenosha was really cool, and it helped that it was 'steampunk weekend'--lots of cool costumes!

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    It's well known that those "gun free zone" signs project a force field that keeps anyone from being able to enter whilst carrying a firearm. There is no need to check.

Top Bottom