Crawfordsville
    FREEDOM!

braverheartfreedom.jpg

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Is secession prohibited by their constitution?

According to their founding, from where do the rights of man come?

Good luck Scottland. Absent some true backbone, what you seek is beyond recovery.

You may not be alone in that regard.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Ireland left the UK...mostly. Scotland isn't a state, it is already a seperate country with its own government, its just part of the UK. So it is similar to a state here, except that it was once its own independent country, and could surely go back to being independent easier than one of our states could become a country.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    but it appears that there is a reasonably sizable movement in SCOTLAND to throw off its shackles and remove itself from under the thumb of the England.

Nationalist movements come and go (1970s this was a hip thing then too) but the rock will always be under the chair.

According to their founding, from where do the rights of man come?

From a rock under a throne in England.

Maybe the native Scots are finally going to show the gonads displayed by the Scots-Irish in America!

By fleeing to America?:dunno:

Ireland left the UK

By Sir Edward Poyning, absolutely not.

The English gave Ireland back to the Irish, with thanks to the Duke of Wellington and Bobby Peel, in the Anglo-Irish Treat of 1921.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    The English gave Ireland back to the Irish, with thanks to the Duke of Wellington and Bobby Peel, in the Anglo-Irish Treat of 1921.

You make it sound like it was easy. Have you heard of the IRA? The English certainly didn't just give Ireland back. Northern Ireland is still part of the UK, although it was their own choice. A faction of the IRA is still fighting for complete Irish independence from England/UK.

Irish War of Independence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I agree that succession from the UK is mostly talk, and unlikely to happen.

Last edited:

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    By Sir Edward Poyning, absolutely not.

Yep. You've got to be an Englishter.

In all honesty, I do have some English blood, but I'm much quicker to claim my Scots-Irish, German and Cherokee ancestry. The English heritage ranks down there with the little bit of French which I carry.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    No. Examine the ethnic makeup of Washington's army. Check your history books. Better yet, pick up a copy of "Born Fighting", by Jim Webb.

Yes, I've read Jim Webb's mediocre book, and it's mediocre.

But what does Washington's army have to do with Scotland? Washington wasn't fighting for Scotland. This is aking to saying examine the price of oranges. Check your produce history.

Check out this book on oranges by James McPhee:

http://www.amazon.com/Oranges-John-McPhee/dp/0374512973

You make it sound like it was easy. Have you heard of the IRA? The English certainly didn't just give Ireland back.

England gave Ireland its independence. Englishmen gave Ireland back to the Irish in the Anglo-Irish Treaty of 1921.

So, where is the SRA?:rolleyes:

Every 20 years there is lots of whiskey-fueled talk. Even the Welsh had a terroristic nationalist movement.:laugh: The UK allows the Scots to have the SNP but as long as they stay in line and limit it to moving their jowls they are not a threat.

The only terror the Scots are up to is adopting English clothing as their own and their mouths.;)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I spend a good deal of time in Wales. I can tell you that the Welsh do NOT like the English.

Sure, they claim but they all stand by their mail boxes for the check.:D

Hate=love the treats you give me, hate that I have to pay for it and you get to tell me what to do.;)

The Welsh went down without swinging during Hank the 8th. They've had plenty of time to do something but they never will.

MMRUSH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    As American's that was once under the rule of England we should stand behind them. "TIE what may be Tied we are the Haigs of Bemersyde'' Knights of the lowlands and my blood.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    As American's that was once under the rule of England we should stand behind them. "TIE what may be Tied we are the Haigs of Bemersyde'' Knights of the lowlands and my blood.

You'll have to wait for another Administration; this one doesn't stand behind any of its allies, apparently. Stabs 'em in the back as often as not.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Lest we not forget Angus Podgorny who mysteriously turned into a Scotsman and rid the planet of the evil scourge blancmange at Wimbledon in straight sets.

Man turns into a Scotsman / Police Station

ETA: Got facts wrong it was actually Mr. and Mrs. Samuel Brainsample who rid the planet of the evil scourge blancmange by eating it.

Angus Podgorny was the first Scotsman to win Wimbledon.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIogyKZ0b6k&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Lest we not forget Angus Podgorny who mysteriously turned into a Scotsman and rid the planet of the evil scourge blancmange at Wimbledon in straight sets.

What about the world of great Scottish poets? E.g., Ewan McTeagle.

Can you lend me five bob until next Tuesday?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W9p_NFm6qk&feature=related[/ame]

What's twenty quid to the Midland bank? LOL, REVOLUTION!!!!

Top Bottom