• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magnum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    North Indy
    I just want to say a big thank you to Shay and everyone at Mindset Lab for the spectacular day we had today, I am looking forward to tomorrow! I got a LOT out of the class. I've been carrying for two years and I wish I had taken this class sooner. The final scenario we played out today was one that I had played out a hundred times in my mind wondering what it would be like, and I got my answer. It was a TOTAL eye opener to just how important scenario based force-on-force training is. I personally discovered that I have a script in my mind (thanks to movies/TV/stories you read) of how self-defense situations will play out, and this class really busted my thinking on all of that. I did stuff under stress I couldn't believe, and that's what makes it worth every cent. Discovering your weaknesses and flaws under stress and in a simulated environment could one day save your life, keep you out of prison, or spare you financial catastrophe.

I am really impressed with how knowledgeable the team is, I think they have all undergone and researched a lot of training, and they did a good job of boiling it down to the core essentials. It was very practical in application and Shay didn't use all the blowhard crap you see on youtube videos and hear perpetuated on internet boards. He neither takes it too lightly or too seriously, an excellent all around class for anyone. :yesway:

Also, I really applaud everyone else in the class, I think the class attracted some top notch people. We literally had people from the whole spectrum. From "never held/fired a gun" to "extensive military/civilian training," everyone still trained together seamlessly. I could tell every student left feeling safer, and more prepared to act in their own defense and in the defense of others.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Two GREAT days of training are now complete.

This Into to FoF class was a very fun class to teach. It's always enjoyable for me as an instructor when I have a group of students that likes to joke and have a good time. I ask the students to be serious when i need them to be and that's what is important.

I know some Mindsets were strengthened. After 8 hours of training the participants are not the same as they were before. The lessons learned will stick with them for the rest of their lives.

Top Bottom