6   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Terre Haute

fastang50

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    If you're after a hider, there are factory options with threaded barrels now, why not choose one of those?

eta: Have a mini, they're good pieces, reliable, and as accurate as I am from field positions. They don't need a bunch of add ons. Just get good mags and add a scope if you're so inclined.

Last edited:

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    I added a Choate Handguard, a MO-ROD Barrel Strut, and a decent 2-10x scope to mine. Mine also came with the factory flash hider. Didnt really have any intentions on doing anything else to it, but I regretably sold it a couple weeks ago. It was a darn fine gun as it came from the factory.

grahamsy2k

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Terre Haute
    I added a Choate Handguard, a MO-ROD Barrel Strut, and a decent 2-10x scope to mine. Mine also came with the factory flash hider. Didnt really have any intentions on doing anything else to it, but I regretably sold it a couple weeks ago. It was a darn fine gun as it came from the factory.

You don't happen to have a picture of it with the Choate Handguard do you?

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    Pictures arent too impressive, but pictures none the less...
    IMAG0390_zpsbf40026d.jpg

IMAG0440_zps5b83f8cc.jpg

castle134

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    I kept mine factory stock. No add ons just loved the wood stock. All I added was a scope and am very happy with it.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    If you buy a Mini 14 Tactical you'll get the factory installed flash hider and the advantage of the shorter, heavier, hammer forged barrel which improves accuracy of the Mini dramatically.
    I have a Tactical and an older Stainless Mini.
    The Tactical will shoot rings around the older Mini.
    If the shooter does their part. ;)

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Did not find your link... Went ahead and searched and found the picture on Ruger's website. I thought I wanted a ranch... I want a tactical!! Sweet looking gun!!
    Ye know you're getting old when you forget to put the reason for the post, in the post. :):
    Glad you found it.
    I wish you luck finding one right now with the current madness concerning all firearms and accessories. :(

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I'm patient.... I keep finding 22lr for $2.50 a box (only get two boxes at a time though)... I won't pay these stupid prices
    Unfortunately the prices that we see today could well be the benchmarks that we judge future ammo/gun/mag purchases by.
    I told an LGS guy last week that it's a shame that we now think of six months ago as "The good old days" when it comes to gun/ammo/mag prices.
    We may think of todays prices and availability as the "Good old days" in just a few short months or at the outside, a year.
    I hope I'm wrong.....:(

Top Bottom