• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Guy9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Marion
    Looking at buying mini 14. What should I look for in buying a used gun. Where do I get all the cool stock, underfolder and such.

Indy 1911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    I would wait until the craziness stops I bought a new one a couple of years ago for less than 700 with ATI stock and all. Added a drum mag and several 30 rounders. Tons of fun. Guns like mine with accessories have been selling for 1800 on the auctions.

Indy 1911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    My only regret is that I didnt get it in stainless. That and I didnt get a mini 30 at the same time.

Guy9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Marion
    I'm getting a decent deal on a stainless I think. Where you get the drum and stuff, IS stainless the way to go.

sparks408

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    wal-mart is the cheapest I've seen on them. ya when u go their they don't have one but they have book under the counter. they can order it 4 ya. was just @ Wal-Mart the other day and talk to the lady behind the counter for like 3 hours about ordering guns cause I wanted to get my wife a pink 870 and was lookin threw the book and I ask her about the mini cause I seen it in thier and then she called the place she gets guns from and they had two that was available. she said "I could have it here in 4 days if I wanted it. I think the price was $650 that was wood and blued

Guy9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Marion
    wal-mart is the cheapest I've seen on them. ya when u go their they don't have one but they have book under the counter. they can order it 4 ya. was just @ Wal-Mart the other day and talk to the lady behind the counter for like 3 hours about ordering guns cause I wanted to get my wife a pink 870 and was lookin threw the book and I ask her about the mini cause I seen it in thier and then she called the place she gets guns from and they had two that was available. she said "I could have it here in 4 days if I wanted it. I think the price was $650 that was wood and blued

What was stainless price?

BK1962

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    North Liberty
    I bought one years ago in .222. I've been told they were chambered in .222 for Latin America where citizens cannot own the same caliber weapons as the military.

At any rate I neck down .223 brass and hand load the rounds. That thing is a tack driving machine at medium yardage. I just run a Hogue over moulded stock and a 3X9 scope and wouldn't change a thing.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Probably worth it for the mantainance. It sure looks pretty in SS! Probably the prettiest rifle I own. I bought mine last fall used from my cousin who bought it new about 10 years ago. I bought it for $500 with several 10,20 and 30 round mags.

It would not shoot groups worth a crap from the start. It only had about 50 rounds threw it. It had a floppy (soon to be removed) add-on flash hider and a scope that would not hold zero(cheap 30 dollar Tasco). I have not had a chance to try it again but am hoping it will be fine. I have heard of storys of accuracy issues with early ones. I hope that is not going to be my issue! It really looks sharp! -No it is not for sale-

Indy 1911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    I like the stainless. After I bought the mini, I bought a 10/22 in stainless and it looks great. I like the black and silver.

IUprof

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Fort Worth
    I would look for a series 581 which is the newer barrel. The older ones tend to heat up and string a bit. I have a mini tactical with synthetic stock about 3 years old. I love it! I put it in an Archangel Sparta stock for a tacticool look.

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    You can trick your mini out as much or as little as you like. I like the blued with wood stock (30 round mag mandatory), but have a Tapco stock for tactical applications. :) Mail order is your friend!

Love my Mini!

ol' poke

Last edited:
    Top Bottom