• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mcrodney

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2014
    South bend
    I have a mini 14 I would like to add optics to. I'm not convinced the one screw mount will stay at zero with constant travel. Can a gunsmith make a solid mount and if so who around South Bend is reliable?

thanks in advance

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I'm going to be honest I'm not Mini 14 expert. I know Sloughfoot runs a scoped mini, Ill shoot him a message and see if he can chime in to help with the mounting.

I can definitely help on the "what scope", let me know the purpose and budget.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    The only good scope mount for the mini that I have found is the two scout type rails that require the use of a LER scope. I have over the receiver mounts by two manufacturers and neither are any good. IMO

The mini is a 200 yard rifle no matter what optic you put on it. I use irons or a red dot on my scout rail.

I am in Florida right now and don't remember the manufacturer.

Im

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    The only good scope mount for the mini that I have found is the two scout type rails that require the use of a LER scope. I have over the receiver mounts by two manufacturers and neither are any good. IMO

The mini is a 200 yard rifle no matter what optic you put on it. I use irons or a red dot on my scout rail.

I am in Florida right now and don't remember the manufacturer.

Im

Was one of the scout rails the Ultimak?

Mini-14, Mini-30 Optic Mounts, Scope Mount, Mini-14 / 30 Stock Set, Optics

I had good luck with it on my Mini-30 (after throwing away 2-3 different over-the-receiver mounts.)

(Sorry for butting in, but I figured it had been a few days and it didn't seem Sloughfoot had gotten the chance to update his post.)

Top Bottom