• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Thanks for the link. Looks like they are $60-$70 more than a standard draco. I noticed these are assembled by Century. I think I'll wait till the 1500 so I can look them over first.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I wish I never saw this! May have to make more room in the safe! The shipping does kinda put a damper on things, although you would be hard pressed to find a heavier handgun than a Draco!

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    The only thing that I don't like is that it appears not to use standard handguards and I don't care for the handguard that it comes with.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    That's a major screwing on shipping. I have had an engine block shipped from Florida for the same price. I believe the large oversized box from USPS only costs 15 bucks for up to 75lbs. Why give these idiots your business?

TREETOP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Carmel/Westfield
    I've dubbed the Mini Draco's front handguard "the hot dog bun". Please help make the name stick. :D

Guys, keep in mind that handguns are required to be shipped overnight, via UPS. The Draco and Mini Draco are not lightweight, and the shipping includes insurance.
    Comparing J&G's shipping charge to a USPS Priority flat rate box is apples/oranges. $50 seems like a lot, but shipping overnight isn't nearly as cheap as ground shipping.

762minigun

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indianapolis SS BG
    Guys, keep in mind that handguns are required to be shipped overnight, via UPS.

I don't believe that's correct. FFL's can ship through the U.S. mail. Ive had my FFL ship pistols for less than $25.00 including the transfer fee. UPS, and Fedex, came up with that overnight shipping deal on their own. The thinking was if it goes overnight the package wouldn't go astray in their hubs.

TREETOP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Carmel/Westfield
    My mistake. My research was done based on an individual sending a handgun to a dealer/distributor/manufacturer, not from one FFL to another.
    Looks like you're correct.
    Additionally, it turns out J&G ships rifles via UPS and handguns via FedEx. They use UPS or FedEx 2-day air for handguns which is still more costly than USPS Priority.

USPS:
    11.1.2 Handguns
    Pistols, revolvers, and other firearms capable of being concealed on the person (referred to as handguns) are nonmailable unless mailed between the parties listed in 11.1.3 and 11.1.5 after the filing of an affidavit or statement required by 11.1.4 and 11.1.6.
    11.1.3 Authorized Persons
    Subject to 11.1.4, handguns may be mailed by a licensed manufacturer of firearms, a licensed dealer of firearms, or an authorized agent of the federal government or the government of a state, territory, or district, only when addressed to a person in one of the following categories for use in the person's official duties:
    a. Officers of the Army, Coast Guard, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps, or Organized Reserve Corps.
    b. Officers of the National Guard or militia of a state, territory, or district.
    c. Officers of the United States or of a state, territory, or district, whose official duty is to serve warrants of arrest or commitment.
    d. USPS employees authorized by the Chief Postal Inspector.
    e. Officers and employees of enforcement agencies of the United States.
    f. Watchmen engaged in guarding the property of the United States, a state, territory, or district.
    g. Purchasing agent or other designated member of agencies employing officers and employees included in 11.1.3c. through 11.1.3e.
    11.1.4 Affidavit of Addressee
    Any person proposing to mail a handgun under 11.1.3 must file with the postmaster, at the time of mailing, an affidavit signed by the addressee setting forth that the addressee is qualified to receive the firearm under a particular category of 11.1.3a. through 11.1.3g, and that the firearm is intended for the addressee's official use. The affidavit must also bear a certificate stating that the firearm is for the official duty use of the addressee, signed by one of the following, as appropriate:
    a. For officers of Armed Forces, by the commanding officer.
    b. For officers and employees of enforcement agencies, by the head of the agency employing the addressee to perform the official duty with which the firearm is to be used.
    c. For watchmen, by the chief clerk of the department, bureau, or independent branch of the government of the United States, the state, the territory, or the district by which the watchman is employed.
    d. For the purchasing agent or other designated member of enforcement agencies, by the head of such agency, that the firearm is to be used by an officer or employee included in 11.1.3c. through 11.1.3e, Authorized Persons.
    11.1.5 Manufacturers and Dealers
    Handguns may also be mailed between licensed manufacturers of firearms and licensed dealers of firearms in customary trade shipments, or for repairing or replacing parts.
    11.1.6 Certificate of Manufacturers and Dealers
    A licensed manufacturer or dealer need not file the affidavit under 11.1.4, but must file with the postmaster a statement on Form 1508 signed by the mailer that he or she is a licensed manufacturer or dealer of firearms, that the parcels containing handguns (or major component parts thereof) are customary trade shipments or contain such articles for repairing or replacing parts, and that to the best of his or her knowledge or belief the addressees are licensed manufacturers or dealers of firearms.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom