• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    This little Apache looks like a blast, is cheap and gets great reviews.... I'm going to buy one!

Link here:http://www.amazon.com/S109G-Apache-3-5-Channels-Indoor-Helicopter/dp/B004L2J7W0/

61mJd7ZxdgL._AA300_.jpg

http://youtu.be/YZoDLd9tyHo

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    They're ok. Had two of something similar awhile back. Didn't last a day with light use. Not real fun. The first one did last about a week however. The biggest problem was the fact that no matter how careful you were you always got hair all over the rotor shafts.

Daltech Force

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    I've got an HM-35 Force RC. I think around $59 but it has held up to a German Shepherd, English Bulldog, Maltese (my wife's) and a one year old cat we got from 4H. I bought this one because it has two trigger buttons on the remote that fires a laser beam at a ground target. When you hit the target it has an explosion sound. lol fun!

J10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Morgan County
    I've got an HM-35 Force RC. I think around $59 but it has held up to a German Shepherd, English Bulldog, Maltese (my wife's) and a one year old cat we got from 4H. I bought this one because it has two trigger buttons on the remote that fires a laser beam at a ground target. When you hit the target it has an explosion sound. lol fun!

They are fun. I got the same type from Hobby Town in greenwood. Nice store with nice staff. You could go in there and walk out with the perfect 'copter for you.

You probably won't find one at $23 though. There it will be about $30 / $35

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    The Blade mCX or MSR are two very good hobby grade copters. You will spend around $100 RTF but you can replace every part on them when you break it.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    I have this one:
    Amazon.com: Syma S107/S107G R/C Helicopter - Red: Toys & Games
    It's been going stong for about 9 months. I'm off and on with using it, sometimes not for a couple weeks and other times 3X a night.
    I think it's a bargain at $20 and the fun me and my girls have with it was well worth the price of entry. My 3 year old begs me to bring it out sometimes and just likes watching it.
    The one you're looking at looks pretty cool. I'd go for it.

My dog hasn't bothered mine since she took a rotor swipe to the nose when it was getting low on battery/lift one evening about 4 months ago.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I got one for the son in law to fly with the grand daughter for last Christmas. It was is a really nice one and fly's well. If running it outdoors they are very susceptible to the wind and will get eaten by a tree if not careful. They fly it through the house all the time as it is that controllable.

IndyUSMC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Noblesville
    I have this one:
    Amazon.com: Syma S107/S107G R/C Helicopter - Red: Toys & Games
    It's been going stong for about 9 months. I'm off and on with using it, sometimes not for a couple weeks and other times 3X a night.
    I think it's a bargain at $20 and the fun me and my girls have with it was well worth the price of entry. My 3 year old begs me to bring it out sometimes and just likes watching it.
    The one you're looking at looks pretty cool. I'd go for it.

I have two of these also, my kids love them. We taped a target to the floor and have contests who can land closest to the bull. They fly for about 5 minutes before needing a charge. I have seen where you can double up the battery for longer flight time. You can buy spare parts. Ours have taken a few good crashes and no damage so far.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I have several... check out the Chinook full size one...

first flight of the Chinook proved fatal. I took it behind the house and had it up about 100 feet. the wind took it and to avoid the high tension lines i had to keep going up and up. I made it through the lines but now it was well over 1000 feet from me, both up and over... I had 3 people running to keep an eye on it. I couldn't drop altitude due to the tree line. It was now a black dot in the sky and I was no longer able to control direction, just up or down... I knew it was over a clear patch in the field so i dropped it... we continued to walk for 15 minutes. then we found it...

I could not believe how far it got away... These little ones dont go very far. Dont leave them plugged in for long, as soon as its charged, unplug it. It kills the battery

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    The Blade mCX or MSR are two very good hobby grade copters. You will spend around $100 RTF but you can replace every part on them when you break it.

This.

I have full on wrecked mine full speed many times and its tough. I put velcroed one of those keyfob cams to the bottom of this little quad copter and took a video.

Its really easy to learn, but you need very little wind out because of its light weight.

http://youtu.be/zX5e9Tah_aY

Top Bottom