• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    The other morning my wife heard some critters in the barn, She said it sounded like a bunch of baby cats in there. My first thought was coons so I grab my faithful .22 and go do some peeking around. After a little searching I find a momma mink in the barn sitting right outside her hole, Im assuming she was outside guarding her babies inside.

So I go ahead and decide to let her live, she looked kinda cute and all and I have nothing against minks so I thought "Cool I got Minks"

Well I got to talking to a friend of mine and he said "Those things are Mean!!"

That started to get me worried, I have two dogs and a 16 month old to worry about. The dogs are a Shepard/ Golden mix that can hold her own and a pitbull that gets beat up by seems like every other dog.

I guess my basic question is do I have to worry about the mink attacking my dogs or my son? If so what is the best way to get rid of the mink? Do they carry diseases that my dogs could get?

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    I think until they give me reason I am going to let them live in there, if they do cause a problem with the dogs or the little man I dont think shooting them would be the best idea.

If it comes to it is the best way to get rid of them to call the sheriff or trap and relocate? I really dont think shooting them is the way to go unless they are actually attacking the dogs or something.

Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    The other morning my wife heard some critters in the barn, She said it sounded like a bunch of baby cats in there. My first thought was coons so I grab my faithful .22 and go do some peeking around. After a little searching I find a momma mink in the barn sitting right outside her hole, Im assuming she was outside guarding her babies inside.

So I go ahead and decide to let her live, she looked kinda cute and all and I have nothing against minks so I thought "Cool I got Minks"

Well I got to talking to a friend of mine and he said "Those things are Mean!!"

That started to get me worried, I have two dogs and a 16 month old to worry about. The dogs are a Shepard/ Golden mix that can hold her own and a pitbull that gets beat up by seems like every other dog.

I guess my basic question is do I have to worry about the mink attacking my dogs or my son? If so what is the best way to get rid of the mink? Do they carry diseases that my dogs could get?

You hvae nothing to worry about , give her the space and you all will be fine

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Since you posted on the interweb for all to see, and in IN, they are fur bearers with a "harvest season" be a little careful on how you dispose of the mink. :twocents:

:coffee:

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    Since you posted on the interweb for all to see, and in IN, they are fur bearers with a "harvest season" be a little careful on how you dispose of the mink. :twocents:

:coffee:

Ya thanks as I was looking into I realized that as well but I dont think I will even do away with him now at all unless he starts to cause serious problems

Top Bottom