• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Isn't that what just happened? I'm not sure how "innocent" this man was but I do know he wouldn't have died if stormtroopers hadn't rushed him like that.
    Might as well blow their car up with a drone.
    That the exact same thing is said no matter what, that's my point. Would that guy be less dead if a felon fleeing the police in a car slams into him head on at 80mph? What about if he's in the parking lot of a VP and this guy happened to be driving by when the suspect shoots at officers and he catches a stray round from the suspect?

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    The purpose of the no-knock raid is to establish the element of surprise and to gain advantage over the wanted person. They chose a no-knock raid because they had already determined that the wanted person will not go willingly.

Look at me being Mr. Obvious.....

SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne
    That the exact same thing is said no matter what, that's my point. Would that guy be less dead if a felon fleeing the police in a car slams into him head on at 80mph? What about if he's in the parking lot of a VP and this guy happened to be driving by when the suspect shoots at officers and he catches a stray round from the suspect?
    No, he would be dead still. But the felon would be to blame instead of the police. Do we even know if the original suspect was there, and was he apprehended? Or did this guy get murdered due to a clerical error?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    If it is "so dangerous" to execute a no-knock raid, then why do it? If you are expecting bad people to do bad things, maybe find a different way to do it, because this way isn't working. The officers are going in, guns drawn, expecting resistance. So anyone inside is liable to get killed, including pets, or THE WRONG PERSON.
    Can't stake people out anymore? I know they can track anyone they want. Why barge into a home at 3am and create chaos? That seems like they are expecting to execute someone. That isn't justice. I'm sure stats exist on how many people are shot/killed during a no-knock versus calmly apprehended.
    Unless I am mistaken, this was a search warrant, not an arrest warrant. From my understanding, the police were there to search the residence for evidence with regards to a homicide investigation. So it's not a case of staking anyone out.

There isn't enough information yet for me to have an opinion on whether a no-knock warrant was reasonable in this case. And of course, there is an argument whether a no-knock warrant is ever needed.

SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne
    Unless I am mistaken, this was a search warrant, not an arrest warrant. From my understanding, the police were there to search the residence for evidence with regards to a homicide investigation. So it's not a case of staking anyone out.

There isn't enough information yet for me to have an opinion on whether a no-knock warrant was reasonable in this case. And of course, there is an argument whether a no-knock warrant is ever needed.
    So we need no-knock search warrants? I can maybe understand an arrest warrant (still dont agree, but can understand), but what evidence did they expect to find? And did they find it??

All I'm saying is the risk/reward of this is not worth it. This wasn't detective work, gathering evidence. All they got out of this was headlines about killing a black man. Nice execution, guys! Literally.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    So we need no-knock search warrants? I can maybe understand an arrest warrant (still dont agree, but can understand), but what evidence did they expect to find? And did they find it??

All I'm saying is the risk/reward of this is not worth it. This wasn't detective work, gathering evidence. All they got out of this was headlines about killing a black man. Nice execution, guys! Literally.
    Yawn... Be the change you want to see.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    THE COMPPETITION COULD GET FIERCE LADIES AND GENTLEMEN BUT ONE THING'S FOR SURE....SOMEONE IS GOING HOME WITH THIS BABY TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    aCPhAmdh.png

SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne
    I don't think that word means what you think it means.
    hom·i·cide
    /ˈhäməˌsīde
    noun
    NORTH AMERICAN
    the deliberate and unlawful killing of one person by another; murder.
    "he was charged with homicide"

Seems straightforward enough. We differ in opinion, that's fine. You can defend their actions, I can condemn them. I don't agree with no-knock raids, it's a little too jackbootish for me. Hopefully their city doesn't burn, again.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    hom·i·cide
    /ˈhäməˌsīde
    noun
    NORTH AMERICAN
    the deliberate and unlawful killing of one person by another; murder.
    "he was charged with homicide"

Seems straightforward enough. We differ in opinion, that's fine. You can defend their actions, I can condemn them. I don't agree with no-knock raids, it's a little too jackbootish for me. Hopefully their city doesn't burn, again.
    You might want to try a legal dictionary.

homicide
    n. the killing of a human being due to the act or omission of another. Included among homicides are murder and manslaughter, but not all homicides are a crime, particularly when there is a lack of criminal intent. Non-criminal homicides include killing in self-defense, a misadventure like a hunting accident or automobile wreck without a violation of law like reckless driving, or legal (government) execution. Suicide is a homicide, but in most cases there is no one to prosecute if the suicide is successful. Assisting or attempting suicide can be a crime.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Took awhile to either find one he liked or to edit one to fit.

It's ok to be wrong, these things stir emotions. No one is mad at you.

The shooting was not unlawful. It sucks bad that it happened but the shooting itself was not unlawful.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    A homicide is a killing of another human being, it can be legal or illegal:

That having been said, this video looks VERY BAD for law enforcement.

Would I be alive had it been me? Probably yes but only because I now see my gun is too far away from the bed. I need to fix that ASAP.

SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne
    You might want to try a legal dictionary.

homicide
    n. the killing of a human being due to the act or omission of another. Included among homicides are murder and manslaughter, but not all homicides are a crime, particularly when there is a lack of criminal intent. Non-criminal homicides include killing in self-defense, a misadventure like a hunting accident or automobile wreck without a violation of law like reckless driving, or legal (government) execution. Suicide is a homicide, but in most cases there is no one to prosecute if the suicide is successful. Assisting or attempting suicide can be a crime.
    This is really helpful.

Do you agree with no-knock search warrants?

Top Bottom