• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    If anyone is pointing a gun at me and screaming police I can pretty much guarantee you that short of being in a coma, the very last thing you would see me do is reach for a gun.
    Unless you were roused from a deep sleep by multiple intruders in your face. Smacks of a home invasion, yes?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Unless you were roused from a deep sleep by multiple intruders in your face. Smacks of a home invasion, yes?
    I'd guess that would depend on what the intruders were saying and whether or not I had a reasonable expectation that the police might decide to kick down my door.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    bird-popcorn.gif

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Asa very law abiding person I can think of no reason whatsoever there would be police breaking down my door. Now I am about three steps from a firearm and anyone breaking down a door would still have to come down a hallway I should have time to access the situation. Especially since I have a very good early warning dog and I have heard of thieves yelling "police" when breaking in.
    Still in no way is this a good situation and one that could have been avoided if due diligence had been done by law enforcement. Once again not a fan of no-knock warrants but I guess in some places they can be reasonable. However if a no-knock is issued and carried out there is no excuse for any mistakes to be made on the address. Jim.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    So if the police had someone at the door made up to look like one of Amir’s homeys like the guy below knocking on the door saying Amir, Amir, open the door, and when Amir opens the door, assuming he does, they bum rush him, is this any more safe than any other method? The police are in a no win situation.
    1644149480209.jpeg

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    So if the police had someone at the door made up to look like one of Amir’s homeys like the guy below knocking on the door saying Amir, Amir, open the door, and when Amir opens the door, assuming he does, they bum rush him, is this any more safe than any other method? The police are in a no win situation.
    View attachment 180049

Is that one of obiden's refugees?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    There are a lot of things that can exist at the same time. They can be true, and opposing at the same time. (Pardon the rambling.)

Minneapolis PD has been in the news for all the wrong reasons since Justine Damond was shot and killed in 2017, or Philando Castile in 2016, but was the suburb St Anthony.

A career criminal and drug addict was elevated to a status part celebrity/part deity/part national hero because of the nine minutes that proceeded his death.

The Police have a very straightforward mission: "Serve and Protect". How they have to do it is incredibly complicated.

Unlike the Military, the Police can't have a JDAM dropped in the drug-lord's living room.

There are no front lines. Criminals don't wear distinctive uniforms or insignia.

The old guy across the street might be a major drug distributor. I doubt it, but you never know. Those kids I think are grandkids might be his mules. His address is one number off from mine (I'm XXX6, he's XXX5.) The houses look VERY similar (he has an extension thingy over his garage doors, I have a screened in back porch. My 3rd car garage sets back further. That's about it if it's not daylight to see the color scheme differences.)

I don't expect the Police at my house, because I'm not a criminal.

Our Founders gave us some incredible documents. "Dangerous Liberty" is a phrase that comes to mind.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    As for those stating "don't point a gun at a cop" you seem very trusting that the person crashing through your door at 2AM is actually a cop. Home invasions are up and the criminals often yell 'police' as they enter to sow confusion. With a flashlight in your eyes it's impossible to visually confirm anything.

In spite of the awesome work done by law enforcement there are needed systemic changes and one of those is the elimination of no-knock warrants.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'd guess that would depend on what the intruders were saying and whether or not I had a reasonable expectation that the police might decide to kick down my door.
    I think we both know that not everyone who gets the midnight raid treatment has a reasonable expectation that it’s a possibility.

Hell I don’t think hardly anyone goes to sleep thinking “it’s a likely possibility that my door could get bashed in and I get held at gunpoint by the police” if that was a likely scenario in someone’s mind I doubt they would stay where they are that night.

Onebad06vtx

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Ellettsville
    There are a lot of things that can exist at the same time. They can be true, and opposing at the same time. (Pardon the rambling.)

Minneapolis PD has been in the news for all the wrong reasons since Justine Damond was shot and killed in 2017, or Philando Castile in 2016, but was the suburb St Anthony.

A career criminal and drug addict was elevated to a status part celebrity/part deity/part national hero because of the nine minutes that proceeded his death.

The Police have a very straightforward mission: "Serve and Protect". How they have to do it is incredibly complicated.

Unlike the Military, the Police can't have a JDAM dropped in the drug-lord's living room.

There are no front lines. Criminals don't wear distinctive uniforms or insignia.

The old guy across the street might be a major drug distributor. I doubt it, but you never know. Those kids I think are grandkids might be his mules. His address is one number off from mine (I'm XXX6, he's XXX5.) The houses look VERY similar (he has an extension thingy over his garage doors, I have a screened in back porch. My 3rd car garage sets back further. That's about it if it's not daylight to see the color scheme differences.)

Our Founders gave us some incredible documents. "Dangerous Liberty" is a phrase that comes to mind.
    You might want to invest in better door locks,a dog,and a security system! lol

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central

When the police inadvertently hit the wrong house, that person didn`t expect the police either, because they`re not a criminal. The police can set up and execute license plate readers, they have armored vehicles that they ought not have, they certainly have the capability of ensuring that they`re hitting the right address and house when they serve a warrant. There just are no excuses for their foul-ups. This isn`t about "dangerous liberty" as much as it is about, at times, an occupying force and nearly Gestapo-like tactics.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    When the police inadvertently hit the wrong house, that person didn`t expect the police either, because they`re not a criminal. The police can set up and execute license plate readers, they have armored vehicles that they ought not have, they certainly have the capability of ensuring that they`re hitting the right address and house when they serve a warrant. There just are no excuses for their foul-ups. This isn`t about "dangerous liberty" as much as it is about, at times, an occupying force and nearly Gestapo-like tactics.
    I don't know how common it is for police to hit the wrong house when serving a warrant. Maybe it's more common than I think, I just don't know.
    I would like to think police do their best to make sure they have the right address before serving a warrant. However, I would speculate there are times they maybe using the last known address or whatever address they were given when a known criminal was arrested.
    I'm not in favor of no knock warrants but I do believe there are a few circumstances where it can be justified.
    While, I know many don't like seeing police have armored vehicles or other "military" equipment. In large part, I don't have a problem with it. I think there is a reasonable expectation to provide our police with equipment sufficient to protect them in when things are at their worst. Likewise, to meet the ever changing situations they face. Although I'm not really a fan of the trend for most officers to wear raid vests and the more utility uniforms. IMHO, a pressed uniform with polished buttons etc is more appealing and I think it's received with a different respect.
    As for tactics, I would agree that there does seem to be times when the show of force appears to be larger than is likely needed. But, much of that maybe justified

Top Bottom