Minnesota company invents gun that folds up to look like a smartphone.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Company Invents Gun That Folds Up to Look Like a Cellphone - NBC News

The .380-caliber pistol, called Ideal Conceal, will be available later this year and "will be virtually undetectable because it hides in plain sight," Ideal Conceal says on its website.

In locked position, the two-shot plastic gun with a metal core can be discreetly slipped into pockets, like a real phone. But "with one click of the safety it opens and is ready to fire," Ideal Conceal claims.

Ceul8GbW8AEFZF4.jpg:large

dirtybird

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2015
    Morgan Co.
    So will this be a way to carry thru metal detectors into "gun free" events? I'd love to have the ability to carry at colts games etc.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    So will this be a way to carry thru metal detectors into "gun free" events? I'd love to have the ability to carry at colts games etc.

Metal detectors, no way. I am sure there is plenty of metal in the gun to set off a metal detector. Does not mean that the guy with the wand will recognize it as a gun.

I fail to see what something like this provides. It is obviously a close distance, last ditch, personal firearm. But can it be deployed in such a fashion? I suppose a person could walk around with it in the their hand. Of course the same thing could be accomplished with a small flashlight or cane. If you want a small firearm there are already guns out there of similar size.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Well, if your gonna carry a freaking derringer then there is no need to make it look like a cell phone. This guy said he thought of this because some little kid saw him and screamed "Mommy, that guy has a gun!!" and thought to himself - there has to be a better way. And with this cops get to play a fun game - "is that a cellphone - or a gun? Shoot, everybody's carrying one!". Really Bad Idea.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I'll be getting one after thinking about it. My be collectible some day and at the very least a different piece to have.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Someone's kid picks up the cellphone to answer a call... well you get the picture. Tell me someone wouldn't leave the gun/phone laying out accessible. Darwin has his victims.

In all honesty I believe the permit holder that came up with this needs to rethink his position. We fight to retain our rights and this will just give the anti's more reason to bite us in the arse.

Top Bottom