• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UnionPmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NW Indiana
    You would be surprised what people call an ambulance for. I have personally responded to calls for band-aids, headaches (and not migraines), small cuts and scrapes, etc. I have a friend who is also a paramedic and he was once called for a person who had a nightmare and wanted to go to the hospital.

Both my wife and I are FF/Paramedics and we joke to our kids that they must be missing an appendage or on death's door to go to the ER. When they have cuts and scrapes we jokingly tell them to "rub some dirt on it, it'll be fine."

I always tell new EMTs and paramedics to carry medical tape; I can fix just about anything with tape.

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    We had a water problem at work several weeks back, and our water was shut off about 2 hours into the day. One guy completely freakin panicked saying, "what are we gonna drink" (there are stores within walking distance of the building:rolleyes:), anyway, this guy was just absolutely amazed when he saw me drinking a bottle of water, kept asking where I got it, did I go to the store, why didn't I get some extra for him, so on and so on. Finally, at the end of the day, I told him I ALWAYS carry extra food and water in my truck, in case something exactly like this ever occurs. He seemed confused at the thought of someone being prepared for an unforseen event. He even laughingly said the next day "why would somebody carry a bunch of water in their truck".

I gave myself an A+ for dealing with a minor inconvenience without actually being inconvenienced. But I also found out a lot about the mentality of some people, and one in particular I will be watching if anything major ever goes down while I'm at work.
    Thats just scary. I dont know why people are so freaked out by that idea. I do the same thing. Its not much but it would get me through at least a couple days. Most often I just drink the water when Im on the road and get thirsty. I can either grab a bottle from my $4 24 pack or go to a gas station and spend $1.69 on 1 bottle...

AnnieO

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    A lady at work last week needed jumper cables and couldn't find anyone with them. Seriously? I bought jumper cables right after I bought my first car and they've relocated to every other car I've had.

HotD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    N/A
    Might as well go full INGO.

Don't forget the ones for the mall........

ninja_bandaids.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We had a water problem at work several weeks back, and our water was shut off about 2 hours into the day. One guy completely freakin panicked saying, "what are we gonna drink" (there are stores within walking distance of the building:rolleyes:), anyway, this guy was just absolutely amazed when he saw me drinking a bottle of water, kept asking where I got it, did I go to the store, why didn't I get some extra for him, so on and so on. Finally, at the end of the day, I told him I ALWAYS carry extra food and water in my truck, in case something exactly like this ever occurs. He seemed confused at the thought of someone being prepared for an unforseen event. He even laughingly said the next day "why would somebody carry a bunch of water in their truck".

I gave myself an A+ for dealing with a minor inconvenience without actually being inconvenienced. But I also found out a lot about the mentality of some people, and one in particular I will be watching if anything major ever goes down while I'm at work.

My response would have been...extra water for you...and what have you done for me lately.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    florez30
    Top Bottom