• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TJSaltdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    The new Rural King add is titled "Huge 10 day Sale" and it starts the 15th which is tomorrow and ends Christmas eve. Inside the add there is a sub-title called "4 big days of savings" which starts the 21st and ends on Christmas eve. Its the 4 day sale that has a misprint. It states that we have 30% off all guns which is the misprint. Its 30% off all gun accessories. Because of the misprint we will be having the original 30% off of gun accessories and 15% off all guns for the inconvience. We also have 50% off all in stock tree stands, blinds, hunting chairs, and stools. 40% off all in stock Range finders, binoculars, Game cameras, and scopes. 50% off all in stock hunting apparel. 14 gun Stack-on gun cabinet for $79.99. 46" Durango Rifle case for $4.99. All these I mentioned start on the 21st and there is alot more that I did not mention.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    You reckon if I called there and asked if they had something they'd hold it for me for an hour or so until I got there? I need a Sig227 and I hear there have been some there.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I've no idea what the law/consumer protection acts say about this... Is it really that black-and-white?

IANAL but from what I understand, they can print "everything is free! Hell, we'll give you $100 cash just for walking through the door!" but as long as they post a retraction predominantly on the front door, they no longer have to honor it.

More often than not, I see a retraction on the front door of almost every store I enter that has an ad running. The cynical part of me wonders how often they "misprint" just to drive traffic to the store? Are ALL stores inept with folks that cant help but advertise bogus sales? Seems fishy to me.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I work the rural king gun counter in martinsville. The ad was run accidental, we had a big meeting about it. PM me if you have a question about inventory at our location. We are quite low right now actually. We are coming off a couple weeks of 10% and 12% off sales. We are not supposed to hold guns for customers, but if you call and say you are on your way to get it, I can squeeze that in with management. Also if you buy from the martinsville location please bring a gun case with you if you have it for said firearm. They won't let the guns leave unless it's in a "secured" case I.e. Hard case, soft case, ammo can, tool box, etc. basically anything I can zip tie. ATF agent told us it's federal law title 18 US code 922q. I don't want to get into a debate war on here about it. I don't believe it's such but I have to follow it.

Any other questions hit me with a PM

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    I work the rural king gun counter in martinsville. The ad was run accidental, we had a big meeting about it. PM me if you have a question about inventory at our location. We are quite low right now actually. We are coming off a couple weeks of 10% and 12% off sales. We are not supposed to hold guns for customers, but if you call and say you are on your way to get it, I can squeeze that in with management. Also if you buy from the martinsville location please bring a gun case with you if you have it for said firearm. They won't let the guns leave unless it's in a "secured" case I.e. Hard case, soft case, ammo can, tool box, etc. basically anything I can zip tie. ATF agent told us it's federal law title 18 US code 922q. I don't want to get into a debate war on here about it. I don't believe it's such but I have to follow it.

You are up way too early Kane.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone

I guess EVERY gunshop and auction house that Ive bought a gun over the years must have disobeyed that ATF dufus you have there which is spewing nonsense. There truly is nothing to debate....Ill say it.. Your ATF rep is a complete tool and doesnt know his arse from a hole in the ground. PM me with his number and Ill call him and tell the idiot myself! ;)

Top Bottom