• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    This and a whole lot of other scams that people apparently fall for have me weeping for our future.

However, there is an old saying that applies: 'A fool and his money are soon parted."

While I intensely dislike the scammers, I can't decide whether I respect them less than the people who fall for this.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I do miss working for BMG. I make a lot more money now, but it was a fun place to work. We could buy CDs in the employee store for a buck apiece. Not to mention deals on the merchandise we sold (customer returns). And since I supported our warehouse down in South Carolina, I got to go down there occasionally. And they would let me go out into the warehouse and pick out some "freebies" each time I would go. :)
    Geez, with price controls and focus on the bottom line like that, it's a wonder they failed.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Geez, with price controls and focus on the bottom line like that, it's a wonder they failed.
    Eh, the employee store was stocked from customer returns (monthly selections that people returned). They failed because of online downloads. If they'd have been smart, they would've started their own subscription service like i-tunes.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Eh, the employee store was stocked from customer returns (monthly selections that people returned). They failed because of online downloads. If they'd have been smart, they would've started their own subscription service like i-tunes.
    When I started there in 1995, CD's were still cutting edge technology. I was amazed by them. Back then, I predicted that soon they would put entire "albums" on a microchip, which is basically what happened, and then eventually lead to downloadable media.

Top Bottom