• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    MISSING FIREARM

The link is a post I saw on craigslist about a customer who the seller is presuming forgot to pay for a pistol at the Fort Wayne gun show. Figured I would post it here in case someone knows the guy. It is nice that the benefit of the doubt is being afforded here, as most would call it out and out theft regardless of intention.

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    Man that'd suck, for the seller. But it'd be his word against the buyers. Buyer could say he paid in cash. Might not be a pretty court case, if it ever came to that

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I wonder if March 2010 is a typo or if they really waited a year and a half before posting that.

Yeah, I have to throw up the BS flag here. March 2010? Even if the year was a typo they typed out March so I doubt that it was a typo. Waiting 8 months or 1 year and 8 months to try and settle this seems a little :dunno::n00b:. Oh wait it's Craig's List. It has to be true.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I remember seeing those photos quite awhile ago. 2010 sounds right to me, this was a long time ago when I first heard about this. I wasn't sure if it was March of this year or of 2010. It has been so long since I last heard of this that I really can't remember. Those are the same photos I saw back when the story was recent. Guess they still never found the guy.

whocares

Shooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Nov 9, 2010
    Clarksville, IN.
    Copspiracy

Here is the deal. They are saying that he accidently took the gun so either the actual thief or someone who knows him will be comfortable in turning themselves in or announcing the identity of the thief. If they know he bought several firearms than someone has his information. Dont the gun show guys all know eachother, of course. If they are willing to pursue for this long and to these means there is more to the story. I would wager if the intent was to truly find the poor confused old man who accidently walked away with a gun, the dealer would find out what he purchased from another vendor and get his information. It does say he purchased several guns and I dont care if you have CCW for life, there are forms to sign when buying from a dealer.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    A long delay in posting this. Only the dealer's word that there was a transaction. No paperwork completed.

Or the dealer sold it under the table to an 'improper person' and this is his way of covering his tracks? :dunno:

"Yeah, some dude bought this gun but walked off before I could do any paperwork or get his money. And I'm just getting around to posting this." :rolleyes:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Hard for me to believe the story isn't on the level. The person posting this would be putting themselves in considerable legal jeopardy doing this, if demonstrably untrue.

whocares

Shooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Nov 9, 2010
    Clarksville, IN.
    ITS A PLOY

This is near evil genious reverse psychology, or master manipulator.

The gun seller creates a sense of comfort in the theif by calling the theft a mistake. The thief now realizing he has been photographed decides to cut his potential losses and return the mistakenly stolen gun. This is when the seller says, oh yeah sorry but Im prosecuting.

About 20 years ago in Louisville Black Sabbath was coming for a concert. Some genious on the LPD said " I have a great idea, lets send all the people with outstanding warrants vouchers for free tickets, We'll make up some contest or something and make all our warranties winners." Well the PD went for it and as you can imagine hundereds of dim witted criminals showed up for their Black Sabbath tickets only to find themselves being cuffed and booked.

I remember Ozzy making a statement that he was seriously pissed that they used his bands name for the entrapment. I dont remember if he sued the city or not, but I do remember the frantic press releases announcing that the band had no knowledge of the citys scheem and for fans not to worry that Black Sabbath was not working for the fuzz.

Now again thats nearly 25 years ago and I believe it was illegal then and almost certainly now with laws against entrapment, but if you could not afford an attourney the public offenders probably arent going to get you out on a technicality

Top Bottom