• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Found this ad in an Indy Star paper from 1982.

galyansad.jpg

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Whever people post those old ads, the argument always is "yeah, but how much were you making back then?" In todays economy I am making the same money I made back then, but the prices are about triple. I think we have lost some ground in the buying power arena. We have to get a government elected that will not continually sacrifice the US citizens to build up the whole rest of the world.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I loved Galyans!
    Just wish they would have held out on the competition. I really think they could have held their own.
    One of their great deals was trading in the kids ski gear for full trade in value on new set-up.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I bought my 1st handgun at Galyans. Actually, my 1st shotgun came from Dick's while they were discounting all of the Galyan's inventory.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I was just at Dicks, hoping they had CCI mini mags on sale. They didn't and they wanted $9.99/100. I saw the blazer's in the ad for $.99/50 and got a tear in my eye.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    1982 I was only 6 so no guns for me except my Daisy. My bet is there is a large population on here that were not even alive. Feel old yet?

glock34

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Fishers
    Galayans was better on their fishing supplies also. What can you say about Dicks that there name does not already say.

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    The Galyans in Plainfied was a store for shooters and outdoorsmen. Dicks is for moms that need to pick up a running bra or a speedo to jog in. Galyans had guys who could show you how to properly use a duck or turkey call, and would do it right there in the store. Need a question answered, be prepared to get schooled. Yeah, I miss those days....

BTW anybody remember when there was a drug store at the east end of the Plainfield Galyans? :fogey:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Gaylan's aslo carried the good quality equipment. Boots like vasque, Danner, and la cross instead of timberland, feild and stream, and walls.

Dicks carries nothing but cheap stuff.

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    Wow! Suzy's liquors on 96th street. Back then you had the Bullet Hole gunstore in the same strip center, and Don's right across the street. My dad had a restaurant there and I shot alot at Don's range, but bought alot of stuff from Jim at the Bullet Hole.

Top Bottom