Way Up North!!
    What if they want join this site!!

thumbnail.aspx

Uniform Dating - Military Singles & Those Seeking a Date in Uniform

ProLibertate

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    But merely wearing the shirt doesn't meet any of the elements for the crime. You stated you would arrest somebody for merely wearing the shirt. Since you clearly know the law, having just posted it, you are stating that you will willfully break the law and violate the rights of American citizens. Is that really what you think being a police officer should be doing?

I phrased my response poorly. I give you that.
    If I encounter a person wearing a POLICE shirt who in any way attempts, through speech or mannerism, to pass themselves off as a law enforcement officer without having the proper credentials, I will arrest said person under the aforementioned statute.
    Is that more clear?
    I personally have never encountered an individual wearing a police shirt that was not an LEO.
    I know of one case a year or so ago in Hamilton County where a security guard wearing a police t-shirt identified himself to an officer conducting a traffic stop as an LEO. He said something to the effect of "I'm in law enforcement too", and when asked for credentials began to backpedal. He was arrested for and convicted of impersonation.

I am aware it is your right to wear a police shirt. While I don't agree with it, I will not infringe upon it.
    Anyone else find it interesting that it is a violation of federal law to wear a military uniform;
    "In accordance with chapter 45, section 771, title 10, United States Code ( 10 USC 771 ), no person except a member of the U.S. Army may wear the uniform, or a distinctive part of the uniform of the U.S. Army unless otherwise authorized by law. Additionally, no person except a member of the U.S. Army may wear a uniform, any part of which is similar to a distinctive part of the U.S. Army uniform."

But there is no similar statute for police attire...

I guess I am just highly suspicious of an individual's motivations and intentions when wearing a POLICE shirt when they are not police... call me paranoid.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    If I encounter a person wearing a POLICE shirt who in any way attempts, through speech or mannerism, to pass themselves off as a law enforcement officer without having the proper credentials, I will arrest said person under the aforementioned statute.
    Is that more clear?
    snip.

Much more so, thanks :)

Wearing a shirt is just wearing a shirt. Pretending to be a cop is just downright naughty.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Is that more clear?
    :yesway: much better and agreed

ProLibertate

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    You'd damn near have a heart attack, I'd wager, if you lived in DC and worked for the .gov. They sell FBI, CIA, POLICE t-shirts on every corner. :D

LOL... Yeah, I was born in DC, and until middle school lived in DC and in Reston. All of our field trips were to the Smithsonians around the mall. Looking back, I didn't realize how lucky I was at the time to have access to all of that.
    But back on track, yeah I remember all the booth vendors with the govt agency alphabet soup shirts...lol
    Of course, a 14 year old kid in a CIA shirt doesn't seam like much of a threat.:cool:

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    "with intent to mislead and induce another person to submit to false official authority or otherwise to act to the other person's detriment in reliance on the false representation"

This is the actionable section of the statute. I can wear the shirt and scream at the top of my lungs that I am police. If I don't meet the above criteria, no law has been broken. Merely saying " I am the po po", even while wearing the shirt isn't a violation. The other person has to either 1) submit to your "authority" or 2) act to their own detriment due to your false representation.

ProLibertate

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    "with intent to mislead and induce another person to submit to false official authority or otherwise to act to the other person's detriment in reliance on the false representation"

This is the actionable section of the statute. I can wear the shirt and scream at the top of my lungs that I am police. If I don't meet the above criteria, no law has been broken. Merely saying " I am the po po", even while wearing the shirt isn't a violation. The other person has to either 1) submit to your "authority" or 2) act to their own detriment due to your false representation.

So, screaming "I am the police" without actually being the police is not intent to mislead? :rolleyes:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    So, screaming "I am the police" without actually being the police is not intent to mislead? :rolleyes:

Yes it might be intent to mislead, but that is not against the law unless

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009

Context is key. Are you trying to take control of a public situation? Intent to mislead. Are you screaming it while wearing a little leather thongie thing and getting ready to "cuff-em Dano" with your custom made fur-covered handcuffs in the privacy of your own bedroom? You make the call.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Context is key. Are you trying to take control of a public situation? Intent to mislead. Are you screaming it while wearing a little leather thongie thing and getting ready to "cuff-em Dano" with your custom made fur-covered handcuffs in the privacy of your own bedroom? You make the call.

SemperFi if your going to put things like that out there, for the love of all that is holy please include this.
    brain_bleach.jpg

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009

I could see someone chanting "I/we am the police" at say, an anti-police rally, where the protesters are trying to prove a point.

While perhaps not a savory choice of expression, it is a protected expression nonetheless.

Top Bottom