• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Romney... pfft. I have more respect for Guliani. At least he says he was pro-abortion and he is going to stay that way. Romney says whatever he thinks the crowd wants to hear.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    The point I was making is that Indiana revenues have taken a bigger hit as a whole than some other states because of economic sluggishness in what were major industries in the state.

That ain't nothing new. Before that it was the steel industry. International Harvester, Nash, Studebaker before that. Medical instruments and instruction is a booming industry.

I'd let doctors work off some their student loans as volunteers at community level health care. Lawyers could work it off as defender and prosecutors, or clerks. Make all/some interest paid on long term debt, tax deductible.

Hoosiers are adapting. We build wind turbines, batteries, and corn.

People & business up there grew dependent on government as the safety net. All those blue areas are auto towns.

I would feel confident that Mitch meant business with plans to cut and Constitutionalize the Federal government. I would believe him. I could certainly see him as a Vice President. Not sure about President, I see it, but if there is someone better then he, and still electable, I'll vote for that person.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I am not defending RomneyCare, but I will explain what I think is his argument against Obamacare.

It is not constitutional for the federal government to do this. There are many reasons it isn't I think we can all agree on that.

It isn't necessarily against all states' constitutions for socialized health care. I am not saying I agree with it, but if there isn't a state law against passing socialized insurance in a state, then it can legally be passed in that state.

Just like the U.S. D.o.E. is not a constitutional entity. However, if a state wants to start a state Dept. of Education, then they are able to as long as there is no provision against it in the state constitution.

What he is getting at is that socialized medicine may not be legal depending on the state, but it is definitley not kosher with the Constitution of the United Sates of America.

With all that said - RON PAUL 2012!

bman1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Huntington, Indiana
    Right now we need someone who knows economics to get us out of this financial disaster. As I see it Mitch has the know how to do this!!!

We will be in the black in no time. Right after he sells the statue of lliberty, the national parks. Maybe we will get lucky and he'll sell California as well.

We need a good GOP candidate like he needs a good haircut. The comb-over shows a serious lack of good judgement. :n00b: :laugh: :twocents:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    We will be in the black in no time. Right after he sells the statue of lliberty, the national parks. Maybe we will get lucky and he'll sell California as well.

We need a good GOP candidate like he needs a good haircut. The comb-over shows a serious lack of good judgement. :n00b: :laugh: :twocents:

He could not sell any of those things. Don't you know CHINA already owns them all. :rolleyes::D

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The tallest candidate with the best hair usually wins. Mitch has trouble in both those areas.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    It is not constitutional for the federal government to do this. There are many reasons it isn't I think we can all agree on that. ...

How can we all agree, when even the courts are split on the constitutionality question?

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    The point is that no one pure enough for some people to support him has a snowball's chance in hell of winning.

This is what the Republicans are selling.

20%+ increase in socialized medicine.
    Lower threshold to enter, 200% vs 138%
    Taxes increased.
    Whoops, not enough tax increase.
    HIP is unsustainable receiving $2 fed dollars per $1 put in by state.
    Waiting list of 50,000+ to be added to the rolls in the coming years.
    Endgame, roughly 20% of Indiana on HIP.
    Dog and Pony Obamacare opposition.
    Accept Obamacare dollars.

As a Republican, are you asking conservative voters to buy that?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    This is what the Republicans are selling.

20%+ increase in socialized medicine.
    Lower threshold to enter, 200% vs 138%
    Taxes increased.
    Whoops, not enough tax increase.
    HIP is unsustainable receiving $2 fed dollars per $1 put in by state.
    Waiting list of 50,000+ to be added to the rolls in the coming years.
    Endgame, roughly 20% of Indiana on HIP.
    Dog and Pony Obamacare opposition.
    Accept Obamacare dollars.

As a Republican, are you asking conservative voters to buy that?

As a whateveryouare, are you asking voters to vote for people who can't win but who will ensure that the people who are worse do win?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    CATO suffers from the same problem a few of our membership do: namely, an inability to recognize that "a more perfect" government wasn't saying a perfect government.

awatarius

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    If Mitch decides to run for president he's going to have just as much trouble as Romney, when it comes to the healthcare debacle. He's managed to outdo Obamacare in some areas and is going right ahead with Obamacare implementation, for the most part. Cato makes a good point. He, like Romney, is going to look kind of ridiculous in a debate with Obama when the healthcare issue is brought up.

Mitch Daniels's Obamacare Problem | Michael F. Cannon | Cato Institute: Commentary

I normally agree with you, but this time I can't. I really like Mitch he is my kind of republican. Our state is doing better than most in large part because of him. He also is NOT a fan of social conservativism (the reason the republican surge will stall in the next election, and falter/fail in the one after). He understands that telling people how they must follow some stupid moral order is a way to fail... It's the reason Newt has NO chance. He is a awesome republican that I can/will support.

Thanks,
    Matthew

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    CATO suffers from the same problem a few of our membership do: namely, an inability to recognize that "a more perfect" government wasn't saying a perfect government.

Well, the article first ran in National Review. Go figure.

Top Bottom