• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mpholic

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    GONE GONE GONE

I have a non working HD rear projection televison in excellent shape. 55" high definiton integrated tuner. Large self standing console.

The problem is a simple (yet time consuming) fix. Here is a link of how to fix the problem.

Mitsubishi "Blinking Green Light" Repair Procedure (Page 1 of 3): TechLore

The fix requires some minor soldering (4 capacitors) and costs less than $25 in parts. I would love to do this repair my self (not to mention saving the cost of a replacement tv), but the only place I have to do this repair is my family room and our toddler grandkids are with us everyday. They would be right in the middle of this.

Before the blinking green light showed up this set had a gorgeous picture and with just a few hours work it can again. I hate to junk this for such a simple problem when for just a very small investment it can be working again.

If you live on the West side of Indy I can probably bring it to you if you do not have a truck. My schedule is pretty limited though.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/mpholic/202mits_1.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    I have the 63 inch model and had to do the repair 2 years ago. It is a fairly simple but time consuming repair, but my set has worked great since then. P.S. Mitsubishi can get bent for not repairing this for free. They know they put undersized capacitors in the sets.

Top Bottom