• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The mandate didn't come from the libertarian side, as Kirk keeps saying. This sums up the reality of it. Oh, and Kirk...just 'cause you keep saying something long enough won't make it true.
    208944_391060507625542_1426978579_n.jpg

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Is this how Romney gets cover for implementing state-controlled health care?

The Grinch said mandates were "free market," so it became so?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Oh, and Kirk...just 'cause you keep saying something long enough won't make it true.

Ummm, have I not said that the mandate was from the Right and even cited the Heritage Foundation above?

It was supported by elements in the conservative and libertarian movement.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Ummm, have I not said that the mandate was from the Right and even cited the Heritage Foundation above?

It was supported by elements in the conservative and libertarian movement.

Progressivism has been so pervasive in our society for so many years. I can at least speak for my self when I say my view on liberalism/progressivism has evolved over the course of my adult life. I've always considered myself a conservative, a supporter of individual liberty, and freedom. But I have also supported progressive ideas over the years I did not realize were the antithisis (sp?) of conservatism. As I've educated myself over the years, it has become obvious how deeply the roots of progressivism has sunk into so many aspects of everyday life. I can see it now and I pray more people are waking up and are becoming aware of it too.

To my fellow conservatives, I'm willing to give them a pass on things like "individual mandates" that were supported as a panecea...as long as they've "evolved" past it.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    It was "supported" by a single writer that you managed to find. That's hardly "libertarians".

I didn't manage to find him, he was outspoken about his support.

Again, as I said above, some libertarians were in favor and some conversatives were in favor of it (heck the Hertiage Foundation proposed it)--Posner, Bailey, Reason Magazine. Galen Institute, CATO Institute, inter alia all spoke out against the individual mandate.

Romney bought into the pro individual mandate faction. He was wrong to do so, state or federal level. However, the notion that the individual mandate came from Mitt Romney is inaccurate.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Either way we are going to get the bone. Maybe one bone will be smaller than the other one, but still are going to bend over and take it like a champ.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Well I guess this settles it. Let us gun owners just vote for the known person, obama-messiah and hopefully the republicans will get their heads on straight in four years and nominate an electable candidate.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    Top Bottom