• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Mitt Romney thinks that capitalism depends on government regulation to work.
    rolleyes.gif

Free enterprise, but with restrictions. lol

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r87WkKXbjOs"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=r87WkKXbjOs[/ame]

Last edited:

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Have you ever heard a politician that didn't think this? No. Am I defending Mitt? No. He's a uber rich dude that hasn't done much work for his fortune, he got most of it the old fashioned way, he inherited it. I'm still voting for him if he gets the nomination.

ABO - Jump on the Bandwagon
    Anyone But Obama

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    Regulations are brought to you via the lobbyists for big $$$.
    When you got a good thing going (insert latest LEGAL financial scam) why on earth would you want competition?

Goes for ANYTHING the gov't tentacles encounter. Regulation is there because $$ bought the influence to stifle competition.

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    I don't think I am going to vote for Romney or Gingrich. Someday maybe one party will put someone up there that I can vote for instead of against. Until that day comes I am going to vote for gridlock. The Republicans always act more conservative when they have Congress, and the Dems have the WH anyway.

I have voted for: Dole, Bush, Bush again, and McCain. I have never even had the opportunity to vote for someone that was not a RINO. If I vote for another like McCain then I either get 8 years of that (Obama light) or 4 years of that and then 4 years of another like Obama or Clinton.

I have held my nose in the voting booth long enough.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Have you ever heard a politician that didn't think this? No. Am I defending Mitt? No. He's a uber rich dude that hasn't done much work for his fortune, he got most of it the old fashioned way, he inherited it. I'm still voting for him if he gets the nomination.

ABO - Jump on the Bandwagon
    Anyone But Obama

Romney was already extremely wealthy from his own business ventures before his father passed away.

From what I have read, what he did inherit was given to charity or passes directly to his children.

Either way, saying he was only rich because of inheritance is not factually correct. He certainly earned his fortune.

That being said, Ron Paul 2012.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    What about anti trust laws? What about insider trading? I guess we should allow large companies to suppress everyone else and let the wall streeters cheat us even more than they already do?

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    What about anti trust laws? What about insider trading? I guess we should allow large companies to suppress everyone else and let the wall streeters cheat us even more than they already do?

It's one thing to have laws against fraud. It's quite another to regulate how business is done.

Vote with your wallet. People, quite often, deserve what they get.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    I was surprised to hear Mitt Romney say last night in the debate that if the economy isn't fix soon we would collapse like Greece.....it's the only thing i agreed with him on all night ........ backs up what Ron Paul been saying and the economy experts.......if the statue quo is continuous...not good for us :popcorn:

Top Bottom