• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    No further on this? We are relatively sure that mixed serial numbers on a Glock won't stir up undo trouble?

As you know I've presented a lot of cases to the prosecutor for file/no-file decisions. My personal opinion based on that is this would be a complete non-issue for that sort of thing. The only potential issue I can see is if it was actually stolen from you. Since you can't assume every cop knows the frame is the serial number, and because you'd want both parts back if they got separated again, both s/n should probably be entered into IDACS/NCIC as stolen. That'd leave you with half a gun, so to speak, that's also in IDACS/NCIC as stolen. That's not a huge deal assuming you have ID with you, etc. but figured I'd mention it. Other than that unlikely and minor hassle, I don't see any issue.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    "Your honor, I will demonstrate to the jury that the defendant modified his firearm in such a way to maximize pain and suffering of my client during the break-in. You can see here that these serial numbers are chosen in such a way to maximize velocity and grip, and make the bullets go faster."

A lawyer will make a point of anything.

I get the sarcastic/serious humor. But, if the client is at that point of being a defendant in the break in it was probably not mixed serial numbers as the nail in the coffin

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    20200223-144438.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This looks good. I think these pistols with swapped slides are a go. I really like the versatility to go back and forth with them. The triggers and irons are the same and they fit the same holsters.

Last edited:

Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    One of my shooting buddies bought a Gen 5 19 mos and later a Glock 45. He shoots the 45 frame with 19 mos slide. I personally put 200 rounds through it before I decided to go the mos route. Worked great for me and my bud. Give yours a try.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Not an issue.
    "parts guns" not uncommon.
    Many a collectible rig has been dinged on value due to it.

I've seen broomhandle mausers with 5 different numbers, confusing maybe, but I don't think those are a criminals preferred gun.

Top Bottom