Mk III 60th Anniversary Talo in stainless!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mk III 60th Anniversary Update:RANGE REPORT & company response

Picked her up today, not what I went in for, but she called to me.:) Stainless, target barrel, 24kt gold inlay, and Anniversary emblemed grips. This is my first ruger rimfire pistol, any tips or recommended mods?
    mkIII002.jpg

mkIII004.jpg

Last edited:

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Recommendations?

Its a piece of junk and should be shipped to me IMMEDIATELY for safe disposal before you accidentally shoot your eye out.

Other than that, just go put LOTS of rounds through it and enjoy. ;)

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Very nice. I would leave that version as is.

Thanks. This is kind of what I'm thinking. I was considering maybe a voltsquarten trigger, but this trigger is really pretty nice as is. Would like to hear from some of you with experience on the voltsquarten trigger. I went in looking for a 22/45 target model, but walked out with this instead. I couldn't resist! Any Ruger gurus out there have any idea how many of these were produced?

Last edited:

walkercolt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    Congrats on the new Ruger!

I have a have a Mark 111 target with the bull barrel and my only complaint is that front sight looks, but never mind you have that solved.

I would just check with Ruger on the numbers produced, maybe someone here will know.

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    RANGE REPORT: Took her out this morning and burned through a couple hundred rounds. SHE IS A SHOOTER!!!!:) Only shot one mag at fifty yards after getting the scope dialed in, and 8 of ten were within 2.75" with arms supported! The cheap bushnell RDS worked great, and I was shooting Federal Auto-Match. Needless to say, I'm thrilled.:yesway:

Last edited:

Jpfledderer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Westside
    I would invest a $100.00 in the Volquartsen trigger/hammer kit. The stock trigger is good, but after install, the trigger is wicked. My buddy and I both have 22-45's with the same internals. They are sweet. Easy to install, plus you can adjust the pre/over travel. Check them out. By the way, nice gun!

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Sure looks great. I love my 22/45 but I think the mk iii (especially in stainless) looks better. The weight of the mk iii also gives it a quality feel.

Top Bottom