• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    JEFFERON CITY, Mo. (AP) — Missouri's Republican-led Legislature used its supermajority Wednesday to significantly loosen the state's gun laws and potentially tighten its voting requirements as lawmakers overrode numerous vetoes of Democratic Gov. Jay Nixon.
    The sweeping guns legislation would allow most adults to carry concealed weapons without needing a permit while also expanding people's right to defend themselves both in public and private places.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...rtrSFuLCsInP9LXIQ&sig2=hb-1JpsmXLRck8CAdYsLnQ

Also
    Missouri lawmakers loosen gun laws, override veto of 'constitutional carry' law
    The Republican-led Legislature enacted the law Wednesday by a 24-6 Senate vote and a 112-41 vote in the House. Both exceeded the two-thirds majority needed to override the veto of Democratic Gov. Jay Nixon.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm happy to see this. :patriot:

Still a bit skeptical for Indiana though. I'd like to see us do Campus Carry and another thing or two before we tackle Constitutional Carry. I fear the November elections will have a strong effect on what we will get accomplished with gun legislation going forward.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    In 1/5th of the Union you can now carry a handgun with no license. That's pretty astounding for this day I'd say.

Where's the bloodshed in the streets the antis were raving about?

I wonder what foreign nations think of this. Most first world countries you can't carry a firearm except under very special circumstances, and in 20% of our nation most people don't even have to ask to be able to carry a handgun.

The fact that we have rights like these makes me feel the United States is something special, and it sours me even more to those who would attempt to subvert those rights.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Right to carry progress over the last 30 years. A long road, but overall very positive, with the exception of the predictable Democrat strongholds:

Rtc.gif

(not yet updated for Missouri)

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I want it both ways. My right to bear arms doesn't end at my state's border, and that is a constitutionally guaranteed right. So the federal .gov allowing any state to restrict my rights needs to be addressed at the federal level. Otherwise, we end up with this BS web of "I can be armed in this state and that state, but not in IL or MN." In addition, all states need to adopt laws that are less restrictive of freedom.
    nonetheless many folks plead to the feds for "national" reciprocity.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Interesting... This appears to be the first state to pass CC that also has a seriously high-crime city (St. Louis). It will be interesting to see how making firearms access easier and cheaper for the law abiding actually works over the long-term. It will definitely be an adjustment for the police and the public in the area.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm happy to see this. :patriot:

Still a bit skeptical for Indiana though. I'd like to see us do Campus Carry and another thing or two before we tackle Constitutional Carry. I fear the November elections will have a strong effect on what we will get accomplished with gun legislation going forward.
    +1

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    What is best in life, my INGOers? To defeat your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women.

Hear their women: Missouri Republicans vote to override veto of gun bill | The Kansas City Star

Maybe we can send Brian Bosma on a listening tour of Jefferson City so he can see how one presides over a supermajority?

hahahaha!
    The FB posts below that totally biased "news article" were hilarious, especially that Patty Nolte sea hag's.
    I spotted your post, though.

Top Bottom