• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    I'm in a situation where I'll need a mobile way to conceal a gun that can't be on me at all times, an idea of a hollowed out book comes to mind, but does anybody else have any other ideas out there?

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    I have seen books hollowed out and other such things. The best way to make it inconspicuous is take something that is around you all the time and make it into something that can be used to carry the gun.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    "Secure" and "not on you all the time" might not work very well...

If you carry a firearm in something "off body" (bag, case, day planner, lunch box, tool box, etc) the chances of either forgetting it, misplacing it, or having it stolen go up rather quickly.

-J-

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    Ya, I understand the chances of it being stolen or lost go up, but this is out of necessity, and thanks for the responses thus far

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    Fanny pack. With a shirt, maybe you would look cool. But dont hold your breath.
    50piwQvC_-3o72xtd8e0mgUORYmhd4rQQaFhpGh25c1XYvCb7lG9S8Q1-gLMQ0X4OfKJ-fglAQaO1lHvf37p532x-1EwapBC4uiGlk7FZPnjWFvD56BXvkwkJsNE36Wz2UVl3ODS-DjNL1fZrSs-jcQhdgQqVbXpCWa_ylLV=s220-c

marcweid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Avon, IN
    I have to ask what is the situation where this could be needed and not be totally breaking the law? I totally understand having a couple of guns stashed around the house as I do. But where are you trying to sneak a weapon that you can't leagally do so anyways? I am only assuming this since you say it has to be mobile. I just hope we aren't helping to give you ideas to help you do something illegal. I will say I carry an LCP in my pocket almost always. The only time I don't is when I am wearing nicer slacks for a business meeting or something and then I have a day planner that I carry it in. Looks like I am just bringing it with me for work, no one has ever asked me why did you bring that and never open it.

Ryno300

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Fly over country
    I have the day planner from Dillon and it works well. There is essentially a holster inside with a Velcro retention strap and a loop that holds one magazine.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    It's nothing illegal, more so political, and as far as details are concerned, I know when not to open my mouth, but rest assured there are no laws being broken in this matter

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Had a friend who lived in Chicago for three years during grad school.

He used a hollow Nixon biolgraphy to hide a Glock 23 and a dictionary to hide a Smith 640. The guitar case was for the AR and 870.

cityartisan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Indianapolis
    :scratch::scratch::scratch::scratch: You didn't say what the type of gun it was you need to conceal or it's size or when and where it can't be on you. This could be a big factor in how to hide it. More info would be helpful. :)

Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    For lack of better word I have a manpurse...LOL... It is a knock off Maxpedition cross shoulder bag in coyote brown. It carries my Full frame .45 XD and 2 spare magazines, flashlight, compass ect... Not exactly an executives choice but it works for me. I also have an old guitar case I am planning to use for the 870 and a few boxes of food for her. Makes me think it will be a bit less conspicuous when going in and out of a hotel room.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom