• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    looks to be just a stock 10 22 with a factory heavy barrel so it shouldn't be any different than modding any other type of 10 22. I polished my hammer and it made a noticeable difference in the trigger and saved me $40.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    These Tactical models have an upgraded target trigger. My brother owns one and we compared it side by side to a stock base 10/22. The target trigger was much more crisp and light, to the point that the Ruger manual warns you of the lighter trigger pull.

The target model was also a lot more accurate at 100 yards then the base model 10/22.

The biggest downside to the Target Tactical is the weight. It is definitely better suited for table top shooting.

deadeye

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    Pulaski Co.
    this one only has a 16 inch barrel so its not real heavy but shoots pretty good, but im looking to improve it if possible without a barrel change. I will be installing an auto bolt release soon.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    The hammer is not the same as standard model Ruger. I know the VQ hammer kit will not fit in the Target Model.

Yep, SingleSix tried to help me out and install the upgraded trigger I bought at the 1500, but it already has an upgraded trigger. :n00b: However, the automatic bold release is wonderful!

deadeye

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    Pulaski Co.
    I havent opened it up yet, sounds like id be best off just leaving it alone. Ive been wanting to build a 10/22 for a while. Guess ill just have to buy a new one to new one to start from.

thanks for the replys

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    However, the automatic bold release is wonderful!

Funny thing, I bought a 10/22 off of a friend about 4 years ago with an upgraded trigger and lightweight Aluminum bull barrel and until I took it apart today to do the "auto bolt release" I never even realized it already had one. It is nice though!

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Yep, SingleSix tried to help me out and install the upgraded trigger I bought at the 1500, but it already has an upgraded trigger. :n00b: However, the automatic bold release is wonderful!

What does the automatic bolt release do?

Just drop the bolt when a mag goes in?

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    What does the automatic bolt release do?

Just drop the bolt when a mag goes in?

Once you lock the bolt open, you have to pull the bolt back and operate the bolt release; this is a two hand operation. The Bolt Mod allows you just to pull the bolt back and release. When you pull the bolt back the modified bolt stop drops out of the way.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    tony kidd also makes exceptional receivers and about anything else you could want for a 10/22. he also has the best trigger groups you can buy. I would highly recommend getting his cocking assembly, it comes with three different weight springs, a stock weight, a 10% heavier for 17hmr, and a 10% lighter for subsonics. it's a must if you shoot suppressed.

Top Bottom