• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    Ive built alot of AR's over the years and there are two companies I avoid like the plague, and Model 1 is the leader there,
    I Had decent luck the first couple go rounds with their Varmint uppers but when building an M4 and an A2 had front sight Cant (out of Timing Issues ) like a mofo.

When I sent them back the customer service flat out sucked.
    I was actually told they never received one of the uppers and had no idea what I was talking about, needless to say I was done with them I received both uppers back eventually and they were still canted, one so bad it could not be Zeroed.

If I was doing an AR build for the 1st time I would take my time and save my pennies and do it right, but if not, you can at least get a semi reliable blaster slapped together, how happy you are in the end depends on what you use the rifle most for.

If its standing in front of the mirror admiring your bad self withe a black rifle then alls well,

but if you plan on running it a bunch and or are of the mindset that some day you may need to depend on it then your prebuild homework should be thorough.

ANy of us that have been at this for a few years have developed opinions on what we do and don't like their not always right but weve spent alot of Jack getting here.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Ive built alot of AR's over the years and there are two companies I avoid like the plague, and Model 1 is the leader there,
    I Had decent luck the first couple go rounds with their Varmint uppers but when building an M4 and an A2 had front sight Cant (out of Timing Issues ) like a mofo.

When I sent them back the customer service flat out sucked.

I was actually told they never received one of the uppers and had no idea what I was talking about, needless to say I was done with them I received both uppers back eventually and they were still canted, one so bad it could not be Zeroed.

If I was doing an AR build for the 1st time I would take my time and save my pennies and do it right, but if not, you can at least get a semi reliable blaster slapped together, how happy you are in the end depends on what you use the rifle most for.

If its standing in front of the mirror admiring your bad self withe a black rifle then alls well,

but if you plan on running it a bunch and or are of the mindset that some day you may need to depend on it then your prebuild homework should be thorough.

ANy of us that have been at this for a few years have developed opinions on what we do and don't like their not always right but weve spent alot of Jack getting here.

Why didn't you simply fix those canted front sights yourself? it would have probably taken you less time to fix them than it took you to box the uppers back up.

Although I do have to admit that I did chuckle a little when you said that Model 1 builds are only useful for posing in front of a mirror with.

Anyway if anyone is interested in getting some first-hand experience with a Model 1 before dropping cash on a kit, you are welcome to come out to the range with me sometime & shoot mine, it's not very pretty anymore since the finish is starting to wear thin in some places (I like to stand in front of the mirror with it a lot) but it'll run with the cheapest, crappiest ammunition all day long without complaint, just the same as any of my other more expensive ARs.

Top Bottom