• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I'm wanting to work on a build in the near future. I was thinking of going with a Model 1 upper. Has anyone tried their uppers? If so, what is your opinion of them?

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i would avoid companies entangled in shady credit card dealings. Plus they have a history of out of spec parts.

just buy from PSA or Del-ton if you're on a budget.

OZZY.40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Camby
    I have one. It's a heavy 20" barrel with carry handle. I haven't put a lot of rounds through it but so far I like it.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    I purchased a 10.5" upper from them for my SBR and I like it. I opted for the lower parts kit and not impressed. I like that they use ER Shaw barrels for their uppers.

OZZY.40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Camby
    I have one. 20" heavy barrel. I haven't put a lot of rounds through it but so far there have been no failures. I have it on top of a Spikes Lower. It performs well and Model 1 uses E R Shaw barrels.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    I bought $8000 worth of iTunes which was mistakenly labeled a complete upper receiver

34c121a7.jpg

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I got a 16" upper from them to replace one I got from someone else that has a screwed up chamber (I figure to be able to fix it, but didn't want to rely on it yet) and though I haven't shot a lot through it, it's been fine so far. I got a 20 also for a build, as soon as I get the lower machined and finished I'll try that one out, though I suppose I could slap it on the M4 for a test. I may just do that, now my curiosity is up.

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    If you compare features, price, and customer service between Model 1, PSA, BCM, JSE, Spikes, and many others, Model 1 isn't even in the same ballpark. For less money, you can actually get a PSA upper with the BCG group included, chrome lined barrel, finish under the gas block, and mil-spec parts.

I don't know why someone would pay more money for a questionable product and crappy customer service.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I'm wanting to work on a build in the near future. I was thinking of going with a Model 1 upper. Has anyone tried their uppers? If so, what is your opinion of them?

I've got one and it is great. It has an ER Shaw barrel, shoots tight groups, and eats any and all ammo, including cheap Russian steel case.

I've had nothing but great times with it.

Lancem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    North of Ft Wayne
    I hear a lot of Model 1 bad stuff but always second hand, I bought a 16" HB upper from them and have absolutely no complaints. I would buy from them again with out a doubt.

Noland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    N IN
    I bought a parts kit from them back in '08 or '09, when they were the only place to (claim to) have then in stock. It took weeks to get the kit and my credit card started being used to buy subcriptions to online role playing games.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I bought a parts kit from them back in '08 or '09, when they were the only place to (claim to) have then in stock. It took weeks to get the kit and my credit card started being used to buy subcriptions to online role playing games.

Now, can you attribute that to the company, or was it maybe a rogue employee? My dad bought some flowers for some girls out in California once, after having eaten at a restaurant there. Didn't even get laid. It happens.

Noland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    N IN
    Now, can you attribute that to the company, or was it maybe a rogue employee? My dad bought some flowers for some girls out in California once, after having eaten at a restaurant there. Didn't even get laid. It happens.

As best as I could tell, it was the fault of the third party whom they contracted to process credit cards. There are threads about the whole ordeal on at least 10 gun forums around the interwebs. There were a lot of people burned.

Their part in it all was to ignore it and deny that anything could possibly be wrong. That is, according to those who were able to address the problem with them. I couldn't even get then to return a single email or phone call.

Sig-Bandit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Columbus
    Patriot, I am building AR's at the shop using our Rock River lowers with Model 1 uppers. Sold one so far and the range report was very positive, I will say they shorted me a couple parts with the kit that I had to borrow from a RRA kit in stock but they quickly shipped out the missing parts at no cost. I have another build in stock, stop by and put your hands on it this week.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    As best as I could tell, it was the fault of the third party whom they contracted to process credit cards. There are threads about the whole ordeal on at least 10 gun forums around the interwebs. There were a lot of people burned.

Their part in it all was to ignore it and deny that anything could possibly be wrong. That is, according to those who were able to address the problem with them. I couldn't even get then to return a single email or phone call.

Ahh, makes sense you would have a problem with them, then.

Top Bottom