• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    This house came with a few things in the attic. There is a old Stream Line Steam Type Electric Train with remote control. Made in USA by Louis Marx and Co Inc. Marlines.

It has the track, the engine and coal car and a few other cars. It also has a glass bottle of liquid that says it is smoke for the train.

The remote is this big heavy metal block with a switch that says off med and high. Toy transformer 110-120 volts AC 60 cycle. 50 watt output. It has two wire terminals and the clip which I have assumed clips underneath the track at a joint.

When I plug it in the train track sparks as the train moves around it and I can sometimes see smoke coming from the track aftrr train goes over. And the train moves backwards and sometimes forward. I switched terminals and moved.the clip and the same thing happens.

These were really for kids? They look like death traps!

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Check out the value on Ebay.

My wife had a bunch of model train parts that she bought at a yard sale 30 years ago. Turns out that a couple of them were valuable. She ended up netting $500-$600.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Whew thanks for the link. I guess there.is a lot to these trains. Can't just have them sit for decades and try to use them again. There is no rust but it could use a cleaning. And it appears the motor needs to be re broken in. Guess I have a lot of reading to do. I will check the value, that link says these trains were inexpensive, but it also said most transformers were 30 watts. This is 50 watts.

Time to keep reading

The locomotive is the 666 diecast model made.right after WW2 and it looks unblemished

Last edited:
    Top Bottom