• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Popasinop

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    I was curious if anyone has ever taken a pistol or rifle course with this group. I looked at their website and found it very helpful. I would like to sign up for some of their training courses but wanted to see if anyone else has gone through them. Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you.

Indy Wing Chun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    NE Side of Indy

Well, if that's the link to the school the OP was referring to then I can't speak intelligently on the firearms training but I watched the video of the open hand "real world" defensive training and I wasn't a fan.

The moves, IMHO, are way too complex and technical especially when dealing with the concept of your attacker being armed and you are not. It makes sense though b/c according the site the instructor comes from an extensive martial art background which tends to be very technical.

All I have to go on is the information on the site, so have your grain of salt ready.;)

Last edited:

Popasinop

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    I was interested in taking the rifle or pistol course. Thank you for the insight, I really appreciate it.

Cable

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    Wow, no feedback at all from anyone?

I emailed this group and they didn't sound too enthusiastic about questions regarding the course. I asked a few questions and all they did was point me back to the website. Not very promising at all. I think I'll pass.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Wow, no feedback at all from anyone?

I emailed this group and they didn't sound too enthusiastic about questions regarding the course. I asked a few questions and all they did was point me back to the website. Not very promising at all. I think I'll pass.

I think you've probably made a wise choice considering their own attitude towards a few questions.

-J-

Top Bottom